Door knob

soilmovers

The door knob on the bathroom door is not working easily. Spray lubricant did not help so it appears it needs to be replaced- thought I was going to get locked in there!
I'm having trouble finding the same type of knob- thought a box store knob would work but not without refitting it. Camping World?

thanks,
cindy

donr827

I purchased mine from Home Depot a couple of years ago. They were located in the lock area where they have locks for mobile homes.
Don

soilmovers

I purchased mine from Home Depot a couple of years ago. They were located in the lock area where they have locks for mobile homes.
Don
thanks, Don. I didn't realize they had locks for mobile homes. Will check that tomorrow

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I just changed mine on Sunday, went to Wally World and picked up a couple of the ones they had there. Brinks I believe. I used the handles and just used the original bolt section that is in the door. The square hole in the middle worked with the new handles just fine. I even liked how it had a plate that went into the hollow core door and keeps the handle from moving side to side. Worked great for me, and they are much more sturdier than the OEM.

soilmovers

I just changed mine on Sunday, went to Wally World and picked up a couple of the ones they had there. Brinks I believe. I used the handles and just used the original bolt section that is in the door. The square hole in the middle worked with the new handles just fine. I even liked how it had a plate that went into the hollow core door and keeps the handle from moving side to side. Worked great for me, and they are much more sturdier than the OEM.

The bolt section is what is broken/worn out on mine. I replaced the handles with the original bolt in place and it did not improve the problem.