Air card antenna and booster suggestions

soilmovers

What options we have for an antenna and booster for our internet air card? We use this for business.

Our 3055 is outfitted with Wilson electronics Dual-Band amplifier and the antenna is mounted on the ladder. It works well in most areas but I wonder if we could do better.

The 3685 probably will need the antenna closer to the entry door- not sure where and how to mount that.

What I need is someone to say "this is what you need" and a description on how to set it up. Thanks!!

jimtoo

Hi Cindy and Nick,

I moved you post to a better area hopefully. Also, you might check out the 3G Store with Matt here on the forum.

Jim M

3Gstore

What options we have for an antenna and booster for our internet air card? We use this for business.

Our 3055 is outfitted with Wilson electronics Dual-Band amplifier and the antenna is mounted on the ladder. It works well in most areas but I wonder if we could do better.

The 3685 probably will need the antenna closer to the entry door- not sure where and how to mount that.

What I need is someone to say "this is what you need" and a description on how to set it up. Thanks!!

What type of aircard are you currently using? IE - Verizon/Sprint/AT&T etc as well as the card model.

We offer both antennas and repeater that will help boost reception for the aircard and any cellular phones. When I know the model you have I can give you some different product links from entry level antennas to fully amplified solutions if you intend on traveling off the beaten path more often then not :)

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Hey Matt, I'm interested in this also.

I'm using a MacBook Pro with an AT&T USBConnect Force 4G, CradlePoint CT35 Wireless N Portable Router.

soilmovers

What type of aircard are you currently using? IE - Verizon/Sprint/AT&T etc as well as the card model.

We offer both antennas and repeater that will help boost reception for the aircard and any cellular phones. When I know the model you have I can give you some different product links from entry level antennas to fully amplified solutions if you intend on traveling off the beaten path more often then not :)

Hi Matt-
AT&T Sierra Wireless 875U is the aircard info. Had it for awhile, maybe it needs to be updated with a newer model.

New in the box Cradlepoint Cellular 3G/4G mobile broadband router CTR500, never used.

Many of our jobs are in remote locations.

Thanks for your help,
Cindy

3Gstore

. . . and I would be interested in verizon.

Are you looking for a 2/yr service or outright month to month?

@ Cindy - Replied via PM in regards to equipment, the first step is taking a look at the coverage maps here - http://3gstore.com/coverage

Depending on the areas you like to travel you may find that another carrier is going to offer better service. Most choose Verizon because they have the best complete coverage, but AT&T does work really well in some areas. They just don't offer the rural 3G coverage like Verizon does, which is where most RVers are going to be spending their time :)