cyclone use in winter

albeeauto

I am considering a new 2009 cyclone 3912. The dealer has had it sitting in a heated showroom for three years!
Is the 3912 suited for use in the winter. I live in NH and would like to use it all year round. I can't get
a definite answer if the under belly and plumbing are insulated or heated enough for winter use.
Any help would be appreciated.

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
Welcome the the group.

Stock from factory - it is unlikely that it is "winter" ready. The Garage has no insulation under the floor and inadequate heat to be used as living space. I would suggest that the NE winters pose a freeze issue to the water system both fresh and waste. There are things that can be done to mitigate most issues- Tank heaters - supply heat wrap. Supplemental heat in the basement - heated water hoses for water supply ( or only use the 100g fresh water tank ) The under belly of the Rig is heated - but if the water lines were run against the frame they will freeze if it gets cold enough so you will want to check and isolate them from any framework.

All of these can be address - but if you have any questions about "THAT" exact unit - get the VIN and call Heartland Customer Service (877-262-8032) and find out how it was built and what if anything was done at the factory to make that unit cold weather ready. They will be very helpful and will have the exact specs for that unit if you have the VIN.

Regards

Kevin