Home Theater Connections

tspearcy

Buddy Bear's Mom and Dad
Hi y'all !

We are owners of new (2008) 3055 RL Bighorn and we noticed that the sound coming out of the surround sound speakers was just the am/fm radio broadcasts and the sound from any DVD. The sound from the TV was from the TV speakers only. You also had to crank up the volume to hear the dialog and crank it back down for the background/special effects, etc. We went to Radio Shack and their rep (very nice) sold us a "box" and drew us a diagram to connect the TV and Satellite to the Coby which took the sound on everything to the Home Theater Speakers. Sorry I don't have the name of the "box" but I'm sure Radio Shack will know what I'm referring to . . . cost was $20.00 and re-running the wires was a breeze with diagram drawn. How everything is hooked up correctly and sounds wonderful !

Tom & Sandy Pearcy

jpmorgan37

tspearcy,
If you can give the forum members a name and model number of the "box" and post the diagram, it would be most helpful.
Thanks,

ChopperBill

I just ran a cable (not supplied by Heartland) from the Aux. port of the DVD player receiver and to the Aux port on the back of the TV. Everything works great!
The center speaker for the surround sound mounted on the ceiling way off center, a couple of feet, of the TV was a little annoying so I got a GOOD center speaker and set it just behind and to the side of the TV. I disconnected the Ceiling speaker from the receiver and ran the new speaker wire to that terminal. Sounds a bunch better and the images don't seem to be talking out the top of their heads.
Now if I can just get Renee talked into that 32" LCD.;)

C

Chulinw

None ChopperBill, You have to take Reneee out and let her purchase that special pair of shoes she likes and then you will get the 32" LCD. Remeber with the woman it is the shoes. With right pair of shoes on she can handle anything.. Good luck...:D

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
Just got back from our 1st trip in our new 3055RL. I fixed the same problem by using rca type audio cords from the audio out on the tv to the audio input of the sound system. Works great!

sgtbigb

Sub Woofer

I have an 08 3400 RE Bighorn. Anyone know where the sub woofer is hiding. I am going to rid myself of this coby dvd system.:confused:

cgunn

Sub Woofer

Gene my floor plan is different 3055RL, but my woofer is under the desk in the storage screwed to the floor....:confused:
I am looking at replacing my Colby also with a real stereo system...:D I already have my VHS/DVD combo hooked up thru
my satellite system....Works great....charlieNone

Last edited by a moderator:

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Sub woofer is Below the TV right side cabinet

I have an 08 3400 RE Bighorn. Anyone know where the sub woofer is hiding. I am going to rid myself of this coby dvd system.:confused:

We also have an 08 3400RE. The woofer is below the tv inside the right hand door all the way in the back in mine.

Did you connect your TV to the Coby as the others in this thread??

Getting ready to add a second Directv receiver for the bedroom.

BC

sjrellis

Our tv is connected to the dvd player with the RCA cables. But, we do not get the tv on the surround sound speakers (only tv speakers). What am I missing here? A setting that I've not done?

ChopperBill

Our tv is connected to the dvd player with the RCA cables. But, we do not get the tv on the surround sound speakers (only tv speakers). What am I missing here? A setting that I've not done?
On mine it took one more cable (not supplied). Run it from the Aux on the TV to the Aux on the DVD player. Turn the DVD player on AUX. When you want surround for the TV.

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
We done the same on our Landmark and run a patch cord with RCA jacks from audio out on the TV to aux input on the surround sound amp then when you turn on the surround sound you have to press the function button one time and the display says AV IN then the sound from the TV comes out the surround sound speakers.

Don

sjrellis

On mine it took one more cable (not supplied). Run it from the Aux on the TV to the Aux on the DVD player. Turn the DVD player on AUX. When you want surround for the TV.

What type of connection will it have?

Thanks for that info! I would enjoy watching movies in surround sound.

ChopperBill

They are just the one prong RCA type connectors. Nothing fancy. If you have one of those triple wire cords you can just use one of those in the set or separate it from the others.

cmart

I'm glad someone else had this problem, now I know the fix. Perhaps soon I'll be able to find out what the surround sound really sounds like.