LINC Remote System

FordMan1966

Saw on Facebook through Heartland Landmark and Bighorn where the LINC Remote Control System was now standard. When did these units start having these? I hope mine which is about to come out of the paint shop has this system. It shows that it will operate the Awning, Slide Outs, Step Light, and front landing gear.

mikeandconnie

Hi Fordman

I see a remote option on my conformation and was wondering what this was. It must be the Linc system. Our rig is out for delivery running a week behind.

jbeletti

I have this feature on my Key Largo. Just moved into it, yesterday and today. I have not read the manual for the remote, so I don't know what all and how well it works. It has a color touchscreen LCD display. Will play with it more over the next few days.

Jim

jbeletti

Pictures of LINC Remote System screens

Here's what the screens look like on the remote I received:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

The unit is about the size of a playing card and about 1/2" thick.

jnbhobe

Sure does. Hope to put it through it's paces over the next week or so. Using the remote standing next to the rig, maybe we can make it hop like a low rider and put on a show at the GA rally :)

I remember when we did that on you rig at the first Pa rally. That was fun!!

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Does that landing gear button interface with the Level-Up? You could really make it dance if it does. Hey Larry Bandstra, don't you have some experience with the dancing Level-Up?;)

FordMan1966

When I got my current Montana that I am trading in on the 2013 Landmark Grand Canyon (YEAH) I was showing some guys at the campground how it works by putting the slide outs out and I popped the trim off of one of the slide outs. So would recommend not to use the remote for that unless you are standing in the camper where you can see what is going on. Luckily I did not break anything.

jbeletti

Fordman,

Like you, I would always recommend a quick walk of the coach interior by putting out say, the dinette slide about a foot. I have pushed off the fascia on nearly every coach I've owned by one of us forgetting to walk the interior first.

Fortunately, with my new demo coach, the Key Largo now has the 84" sofa. This long of a sofa doesn't really allow us to store anything next to. So this means the end of the coach should remain free of trapped items behind the slide fascia.

Now, the front end of the kitchen slide is another matter. If the pantry doors pop open just a bit, the knobs will munch the foam fascia really good. We to use elastic hair ties around the knobs for travel.

As for the barrel cabinets, this is the first coach where I have not had them removed. So we are trying them out. This coach has 2 of them, one on each end of the island. I have spices stored in one and light items stored in the other. Hoping the stock latches hold with this minimal loading. That said, I miss not being able to place my trash can under the end of the counter top where that front barrel is. When we get home, we'll try to find a plastic trash can that fits in the cabinet under the sink.

Jim

Camper51

Fordman,

Like you, I would always recommend a quick walk of the coach interior by putting out say, the dinette slide about a foot. I have pushed off the fascia on nearly every coach I've owned by one of us forgetting to walk the interior first.

Fortunately, with my new demo coach, the Key Largo now has the 84" sofa. This long of a sofa doesn't really allow us to store anything next to. So this means the end of the coach should remain free of trapped items behind the slide fascia.

Now, the front end of the kitchen slide is another matter. If the pantry doors pop open just a bit, the knobs will munch the foam fascia really good. We to use elastic hair ties around the knobs for travel.

As for the barrel cabinets, this is the first coach where I have not had them removed. So we are trying them out. This coach has 2 of them, one on each end of the island. I have spices stored in one and light items stored in the other. Hoping the stock latches hold with this minimal loading. That said, I miss not being able to place my trash can under the end of the counter top where that front barrel is. When we get home, we'll try to find a plastic trash can that fits in the cabinet under the sink.

Jim

I didn't realize that the 2013 models were available yet. I think the dealer is still ordering 2012 models.

wildwolfproducts

Re: Pictures of LINC Remote System screens

I was told it was an option and around $350 for it? Will check again, but was asked If I wanted that option.
Pete