New Front A/C

Birchwood

Finally after 2 months got our new Dometic Penquin 13.5BTU with ceiling controls working.The unit would run
only for less than 5 minutes and then shut off.Apparently Dometic released a few hundred thermostates with
factory settings and required a user setting performed by a Dometic repair person to make it actually function
properly.After spending $190 and having 2 months of frustration we finally got it repaired.We had the A/C installed
at Campers World and they were not aware of any service bulletin relating to a factory setting.
Campers World offered to pay for the repair and very dissappointed with Dometic for not being
informed for this situation.Dometic was only willing to pay for 30 min labor to make this repair
meaning you have to tow your RV to the repair shop.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
I hate to hear that but am glad you finally got it resolved. We are going to install a front unit as well and been thinking about having CW do it. Other than not keeping up with service bulletins did they do a OK job? And if you don't mind what did they charge?

Birchwood

I hate to hear that but am glad you finally got it resolved. We are going to install a front unit as well and been thinking about having CW do it. Other than not keeping up with service bulletins did they do a OK job? And if you don't mind what did they charge?

A well respected company in our area of Florida performed the repair and they commented the installation was fine.
We are in Florida with 90 degress temps and the front A/C is wonderful.Cost was $1020 for the complete install.
CW was by far the best price.The downside of CW is they don't have a mobile repair unit and they are 60 minutes from us.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
We are going to install a front unit as well and been thinking about having CW do it. Other than not keeping up with service bulletins did they do a OK job?

I came across THIS thread on another forum the other day regarding an AC installation at a Camping World in Texas I believe. No doubt every store is it's own entity and service departments will vary but it may give you some information to ask about when you decide to have it done!

Best Wishes!

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Birchwood, Sorry I didn't mean to hijack you thread :angel: But thanks for all the info you guys may have saved me some cash down the road.