About to order, just want to confirm...thanks

thumper

We went to the dealer over the weekend which is about 3 ½ hrs travel time from us. He only had 2007 Sundance models, we think we really would like the 2997BHS but he only had the 2890BHS in stock. A couple of questions for the 2008 2997BHS model we want:

The salesman said the following, can someone that knows answer or confirm these statements. I could not find anything about this on the Sundance / Heartland site. We are thinking he is guessing on some of the stuff.
  • 2008 now use lighter oak wood than previous wood (was it birch or maple in previous years) (the 2007 Sundance line did seem darker than other manufacturer’s lines, would like to see them lighter inside)
  • 2008 has a lighter tint on the windows
  • 2008 Sundance hide-a-bed sofa uses the flair-a-bed (we saw s Brookside with one, was really neat)
  • 2008 now all have aluminium rims. Is that true for both the 6000lb and the 5200lb axles? What do other owners think about this option, what are the advantages? I had a tire come apart on my old trailer and I am thinking the 16” 6000lb ones would be better. I don’t want to experience that again. What about the spare is this aluminium as well, when the mains are aluminium?
  • The salesman could not find an option for the flip up countertop. (Thekitchen counter space and small pantry are the downsides to this 5th wheel for us). Looks like that it is in some of the brochure pictures.
  • The salesman could not find an option for slide awnings. Is that done at the factory or is that done after?

I could not find any good pictures of the bunk slide on the 2997BHS, does anyone have any? We are worried about how much head room is there in the upper bunk?

Thanks for any help, we want to order and pick it for Indiana in mid August.