Shutoff valve to ice maker & water dispenser

GaryW209

Just bought a big horn and am unable to locate the shutoff valve for the water line that goes to the frig ice maker and water dispenser. Neither have water flowing to them so I assume there is a valve closed. The drawer below the fridge won't come out far enough to look under there. Any ideas?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Gary, normally, the shutoff is near the source of water supply which is directly behind the UDC (universal docking center) You will have to remove a panel of the basement wall. There are 2 or 3 screws you will have to find to remove this panel. Once inside, look for the 1/4" line and there will be a valve. One day they might make this a more accessible valve...

Regarding the drawer that won't come our far enough, pull the drawer out as far as it will go and check on the slides. You should see a small black plastic lever. On each side, one lever goes up and the other goes down. These are spring loaded so you'll have to hold them to release the drawer and pull out at the same time. When reinstalling, they latch automatically.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
What year and floor plan do you have? Someone may be able to tell you exactly where to look.

Peace
Dave

GaryW209

Ray, thanks for the info. I located the UDC and the three screws. It was a tight reach behind it but I found the valve and turned on the water. Water is flowing now! I had forgotten about the drawer hardware but realized how they worked with your help. Thanks so much for your assistance.

Gary & Chris
Part Time RVers

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Thanks for the update Gary. I just responded to your PM a minute ago. We were out shopping. The daily Walmart run.:eek:

jimtoo

Thanks for the update--------------------. We were out shopping. The daily Walmart run.:eek:

DAILY,,,,DAILY Walmart run????? I am so jealous Ray,,,, I only get to make one about once a week :D But when I make one,,,, it's usually a good one.;)

Jim M