Gonna Be A Long Week

bd2dabone

This is gonna be a long week patiently waiting. I am turning "prospective owner" to "owner" of a 3800. We sealed the deal on Friday, performed an abbreviated however thorough walk thru for obvious flaws. Fortunately I only located one minor glitch where a staple had misfired and crumpled. I didnt say anything at first and the longer I thought about it, I figured out it was gonna be "one of those things" that when you walk in nobody else would notice but me, and to me it would stick out like it was a major problem. Anyway with that noted, dealer will perform their walk thru and equipment check out in preparation for us to return for delivery and do a complete walk thru and shakedown on the lot. Hopefully all goes well and we depart with many adventures to come
:)

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
Congrats on the 3800, welcome to the heartland family!!!

brianharrison

Congrats too - Not too many new owners would find the Manufacturer Brand Manager (AJ) the first in congratulating them on buying their new trailer --> A Heartland nice touch.

Welcome!

Take care,
Brian

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Just wait until the post-partum depression sets in as you leave your cash (or signature on dotted line) on the counter when you drive it away. :( But, be brave, it shall pass. Only takes a comfy chair under the awning with a cold one in hand to cure it.

bd2dabone

Just wait until the post-partum depression sets in as you leave your cash (or signature on dotted line) on the counter when you drive it away. :( But, be brave, it shall pass. Only takes a comfy chair under the awning with a cold one in hand to cure it.

Thanks...Already suffered and endured the feelin of "i hope were are doing the right thing"...more of a jolt when i signed up for the 5th wheel hitch..such a little object costs so much.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Hey There! Welcome to the Heartland Family & Forum. Be sure to check out the two Texas Chapters of the Heartland Owners Club. Try to make one of their great rallies and meet other owners. Enjoy the new rig.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Thanks for suggesting one of our rallies Ray! Bad2dabone, we have our rally in Spring TX coming up in just a little over a month at the Rayford Crossing RV Resort. We still have openings, so come on down! Not that far for you.

hotonpi

Congratulations! Welcome to the Cyclone family!

I found it extremely helpful to have my wife use our flip-video to record the entire walk-through. She recorded the walk-through in segments for easy viewing later. Our mechanic at Wilkins RV in Bath, NY, was very thorough and not camera-shy, so we ended up capturing a ton of great info that is so easily missed during your first walk-through. I've referred myself back to those videos many times over the past year!

bd2dabone

First trip yes, just a short check out trip during spring break at Parkview Riverside RV Park in Concan, Tx on the Frio River. Helpfully we will not have to work out any kinks, however it is mechanical and mechanical things occasionally have problems.