Service away from home?

grizzlygiant

What has been your experience obtaining serivce (warranty and non-warranty) when traveling significant distances from the dealer where you purchased?

HappyKayakers

Same or better as at home. We're fulltiming and left the area of our purchasing dealer about 5 months after we bought it. Had to make 1 trip back to them for warranty service. After we hit the road, we had a few more problems come up. Jim Fenner, in the Heartland warranty dept, has been great to work with. We've mutually agreed on dealerships and whether the work would be done on-site or at the dealer. Haven't had any non-warranty work yet but we'll exercise the same due diligence on our end. Check with locals for references, check rvservicereviews.com, etc.

billd

I have found with Heartland a call to customer service to explain the situation what is wrong and to get permission for repairs is normally granted. Then I ask at the RV park I am at who can do repairs I normally get good reccomendations. The independant moblie repair guys are neat to work with and do great work.

Bill