Dodge Owners- Where is the 4wd relay

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
For those of you running a a 2010 or newer Dodge, where is the 4wd relay for engaging the front hubs?

On our Ford, I had installed a switch that would hold the relay open for the front hubs and not let them engage. Would like to do the same thing with our dodge if possible.

porthole

Retired
Something to try, on my new Ford I found the fuse and pulled it for the summer, probably for the same reason you did.
This year though I plan on looking for the circuit and adding a switch. Pulling the fuse brings up an error whenever I use 4WD low.

hoefler

For those of you running a a 2010 or newer Dodge, where is the 4wd relay for engaging the front hubs?

On our Ford, I had installed a switch that would hold the relay open for the front hubs and not let them engage. Would like to do the same thing with our dodge if possible.

No such thing. Only the transfer case shifts, axles stay engaged all the time. No lock outs at all. You can install a Free-Spin kit, new spindles, hubs, lock outs, and axles. You will never realize the cost in fuel economy.

porthole

Retired
I use four wheel low to back in my driveway. Pulling the fuse for the auto lock hubs keeps the front wheels from jumping around while going lock to lock getting the trailer in position.
My driveway is one car wide at the entrance and 4 cars wide at the top. I have to put the trailer over to the "non straight side " and it requires a bit of twisting the wheel.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Something to try, on my new Ford I found the fuse and pulled it for the summer, probably for the same reason you did.
This year though I plan on looking for the circuit and adding a switch. Pulling the fuse brings up an error whenever I use 4WD low.
I found the wire for the Ford......//heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...50-350-4x4?highlight=2+wheel+drive+low+switch

I'll search for the answer for the Dodge.

SouthernNights

No such thing. Only the transfer case shifts, axles stay engaged all the time. No lock outs at all. You can install a Free-Spin kit, new spindles, hubs, lock outs, and axles. You will never realize the cost in fuel economy.
Did not know that about the Dodge. Not doing for fuel savings though.

SouthernNights

I use four wheel low to back in my driveway. Pulling the fuse for the auto lock hubs keeps the front wheels from jumping around while going lock to lock getting the trailer in position.
My driveway is one car wide at the entrance and 4 cars wide at the top. I have to put the trailer over to the "non straight side " and it requires a bit of twisting the wheel.

Install a switch for the relay Duane. I did on my P/S, it was so much easier than pulling a fuse.

SouthernNights

Larry their is a site that can answer all the question that you have ask and with much more info. on your Dodge. The site is www.dieseltruckresource.com Hope this will help. PS Tell Sam hi for Pat @ I

Thanks Jim. Tell Pat we both say "hey".

Like you new "A". Nice ride and you can bring along the little bug now.
We thought long and hard about one before we bought the LM. Not quite ready for one yet. I think when we are ready we already know we are going to look at the Revolution or the Allegro Bus hard again.