Jackknife sofa bed

caper1973

Our jackknife sofabed in our 08 Northtrail doesn't lay perfectly flat as it should. one half is slightly raised above the other. We just bought the unit in late Sept. and it went to storage shortly after so I haven't had time to fiddle with it. Its coming out of storage in a few weeks and I want to fix it. Thinking it must be in the hinge system, but wondered if someone else experienced similar ?

thx

PeternLiane

It is a hinged system. However, we haven't experienced any thing like that in any of the TT's we've had.

GOTTOYS

My best advice is to just use it as a sofa. Get an airbed and put it on the floor to sleep on. Those jacknife as well as the old pull out sofa beds with the 2 inch thick mattress have to give you the worst sleeping experience there is...Don

Christytra

Ours was bent somewhere in the frame. We aren't sure if it was bent when we were rearended, bent from sleeping on it, or bent from (most likely!) fighting it to open and close. Rather than trying to fix, we took the sofa out and had a mattress made that fit the under-sofa platform. We then bought large pillows for the back wall. Now we have a daybed type sofa that easily turns into a better sleeping bed.