Fridge leaking water update

RanCarr

The drain from the catch-tray was not clogged with debris/bugs/dust at either end and there was a little water in the pan outside. The ice is melting slowly in the catch tray inside the fridge. The only clog was the ice itself in the drain where it enters the catch-tray. There are small icicles hanging off the fins inside the fridge.

brianharrison

I am glad to hear you are resolving some of your issues, and corresponding angst. Did you decide to purchase the fridge fan (battery powered) to improve air circulation in the fridge? This would help with the ice on the fins as well.

Were you able to determine the water on the top of the door, and "mold" issue you discussed earlier? Just curious.

Glad you worked out the ice tray freezing and water in your crisper......

Take care,
Brian

RanCarr

I am glad to hear you are resolving some of your issues, and corresponding angst. Did you decide to purchase the fridge fan (battery powered) to improve air circulation in the fridge? This would help with the ice on the fins as well.

No. We have not ordered a fan. I did look at the site. When we get back home April 1st we plan to empty the fridge as usual and try and figure out what happened. We never needed a fan in the other three RV fridges and really shouldn't in this one.

Were you able to determine the water on the top of the door, and "mold" issue you discussed earlier? Just curious.

No, we have not. Apparently something in the freezer door froze, then thawed out, leaking the water onto the top of the fridge door where the mold developed.

Glad you worked out the ice tray freezing and water in your crisper......

There was no water in the crisper yesterday or today, but there is still ice in the drain-tube and the drip pan in the fridge. As long as that ice is in the drain tube, there is no way for water to drain off into the pan outside. But the ice seems to be evaporating and getting lower in the drip-pan. At least it's not running over and down into the crisper - at this time.

Take care,
Brian[/QUOTE]

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
There was no water in the crisper yesterday or today, but there is still ice in the drain-tube and the drip pan in the fridge. As long as that ice is in the drain tube, there is no way for water to drain off into the pan outside. But the ice seems to be evaporating and getting lower in the drip-pan. At least it's not running over and down into the crisper - at this time.

Take care,
Brian
Our refer has been on for about two and a half months now and I found water on the floor in front of it. Upon further inspection there was water on the floor of the refer running out the bottom of the doors. We had ice in the drip pan preventing the condensate off the fins from draining out the tube.
I used DW's hair dryer on medium and applied a little warm air the the bottom of the drain pan. I was then able to just lift out the chunk of ice.
Took about ten minutes and now the pan is ice free. For a while anyway.

Peace
Dave