Hydraulic slide valves.

ChopperBill

Anyone wish that the hydraulic slides all had separate switches? I do as it is a PITA sometime going out and switching the valves. Some time I just wast to run one slide out for loading or doing any work on it. Anyone come up with a plan or an idea to add separate switches to there trailer? A lot of farm equipment has electro/hydraulic valves that could be engineered in place but they are pretty pricey.

jbeletti

Bill,

The "new" Landmark has separate slide room switches. As such, sounds like at Heartland (and with Lippert), the engineering has now been done.

Perhaps you can chat by phone with Scott Lytle in Engineering to see what he thinks about creating a parts kit for the DIYer to retro-fit their own unit.

My guees is they won't want to touch it but in that the engineering has been done, I'll bet you could source the same parts. Next time I am down to the plant, I can try to take some pictures and notes of this system on the Landmark to see what can be learned by us commoners.

Jim

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
Chopper
We were looking at a "different" brand and they had seperate switches for thier hydro slides, so it should be doable. Just how??? Will have to take a look
Rand
ps: we did not like the different brand and well as our Bighorn

Eduardo37

The Grand Patriarch
Separate slide switches

On the walkthrough of my new 2006 Big Horn they showed me how at the hydrolic pump there were valves for each of my three slides. I am assuming that they could be operated or cut off individually. Haven't had any need to try.

C

Chulinw

I agree with ChopperBill that is a great idea to have seperate switches for each slide to do work on it or just test. Good idea CB.

ChopperBill

Eduardo37 said:
On the walkthrough of my new 2006 Big Horn they showed me how at the hydrolic pump there were valves for each of my three slides. I am assuming that they could be operated or cut off individually. Haven't had any need to try.
Yes you can separate the slides at the front bay by turning the valves but it sure would be nice it you could do it inside the entrance cabinet.

jbeletti

Thanks for the link Dennis. I think that may be the unit used in the Double Tree Mobile Suites units as I see there are hydraulic rear stabilizers and I believe the new Landmark still uses electric rear stabilizers.

Still gives us a good sense of what it takes to do separate switches. Thanks again.

Jim

C

Chulinw

I have only one switch to open and close all 3 slides. If I need to stop a certain slide I have to go out side open up the storage area and close off the two valves in order operate the one slide. That system would be great to have but I am sure it would cost $$$$ to change over to that system. I will just have to be happy with what I have at the time.

Forrest Fetherolf

Operating each hydraulic slide separately can be accomplished by adding a 12 volt in-line "normally open" solenoid valve just below each manual switch in the front compartment. A bank of individual slide "on-off" switches can be installed in the closet next to the slide master "on-off-on" rocker switch. The "normally open" solenoids must be used to eliminate power drain when all slide valves are in the normal operating position (all operating at the same time).

There are different ways to wire the solenoid valves, depending on your desires. I chose this way because all slides will operate together unless you tell each slide not to.

Forrest

ChopperBill

Thanks Dennis! Looking at the pump and valve set up it may be difficult to plumb some other brand in. Going to look at Flossi valves and see it they can be plumbed in easily.

ChopperBill

driver311 said:
are all your legs broke. are u on a dead line.

driver311None None
Next time your rig is parked next to an obstruction, and you want just one slide out, I will send my wife over and you can have her do it. I will also send over the name of a good fiberglass repair shop. ;)

Forrest Fetherolf

driver311 said:
are all your legs broke. are u on a dead line.

driver311None None

driver311,

As a matter of fact they both were broken in two places each, just had a total knee replacement a year ago and will have the other knee replaced later this year, so far the heart is still pumping.................................... thanks for asking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Forrest