Warranty work by non-selling dealers...

jimz

I am in the process of buying a 2011 3300 QS, but have been told that Heartland dealers do not have to do warranty work on units they have not sold. We are buying the unit from an out of town dealer and I'm concerned about our local dealer not wanting to do the warranty work.

jimtoo

Hi jimz,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I think it more of a case of "my customers are first", instead of not wanting to do the work. I don't think they have any thing in writing that says they must do the work. When I was in auto/truck service management for GM dealer, my customers normally were at the front of the line for service. Also a lot depends on your attitude when you request service, you work with them,,, they will usually work with you. The good thing about Heartland RVs is that with PROPER PRE-AUTHORIZATION you can take your unit in for service at most any repair place. But, pre-authorization and estimates are required.

When you go for delivery and do your PDI, plan on a day or so extra so if you find some little things the dealer can take care of them before you take possession.

Enjoy your new 3300.

Jim M
PS, My SIL and family live in Redding. Bridge Lane, just off Churn Creek.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Dealers are hit and miss. We had very slow warranty service, very slow non-warranty service, and very slow insurance paid-for service, from a variety of dealers. We've also used private repair facilities. The best service we've received was from a Mobile Repair place that has a shop... (Blue Moon Mobile RV, in Carrollton, TX) we took our rig to them. They really were customer-focused and mindful of not wasting their time or ours. Heartland worked with them, just fine!

Work with Heartland directly find a good service facility near you.

Erika

CrazyCooter

Hey Jim, I see you are in Redding. Give Safari RV a call....(530) 275-3451.

They have done all of the warranty work to my Cyclone. They have a good relationship with Heartland and get positive results.

wdk450

The Heartland Service Department keeps a list of local 3rd party repair vendors for warranty work in your area that they (and the owners) have had good experiences with. Give them a call if you need this info.

CrazyCooter

I bought my last RV from Redding RV. Service after that sale wasn't very helpful. They were in the process of changing ownership at that time, so it could be different now.