How to remove the pull out to get at the electrical?

usnthedog

Not sure where to put this so if it's not right please move it. How do you release the bottom drawer slides to remove the slideout under the kitchen cabinet to access the back side of the electrical panel on a Greystone 32RE? Grey stone uses a slide with a black plastic level release on all of the other drawers and this one has them on the top set of slides but the bottom ones are different and for the life of me I cannot find a release. This is the counter extention cabinet that has four drawer off the right side of the kitchen cabinet.

Thanks
Jeff

jbeletti

Re: How to remove the pull out to get at the electrical

Jeff,

I don't have a GS, but if it's like mine, on each side of the fully extended drawer glide, there is a black lever. On one side, you hold the lever up and on the other side, you hold the lever down. Do this at the same time and pull the drawer out with your 3rd hand.

Jim

usnthedog

This set is different. All the others are as you indicate but these are the bottom set and I do not find any visible release.
Thanks, though.

Jeff

TXBobcat

Fulltime

There are two types of slides. The ones that have the little levers you push up or down as previously stated then the ones that have a square button.

The button is a bit harder to release but slide it back just a little and press on the end plastic.
DSC_0229 [1024x768].JPG

This is the one that has the little lever.
DSC_0231 [1024x768].JPG

Hope this helps.

BC

usnthedog

Thanks to those who replied. I had to remove the srews from the hinge to the cabinet to remove the cabinet. I then contacted KV the maker of the slides.

"The release is about 12" back from the KV logo First remove the metal screws that hold the drawer "L" bracket to cabinet slide. Then take a flathead screwdriver and wedge it under the release lever and leave the screwdriver there and repeat on the other side...now remove the drawer".

I responded to these instructions for clarification, "As I see it, the "L" backet stays attached to the drawer and is lifted off the slides after the screws are removed and the release pried out. The slide itself does not come appart as with a "tradional" guide.

And they confirmed. There you have it. If you need to remove your counter extention now you know. If you ever look behind it, it looks like an explosion in a wire factory. This all started because I wanted to relocate the awning and two light switches from the floor to the top of the panel so I wouldn't have to get on my knees to operate them.