satellite connections

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired
I know this has been discussed before. We purchased a used North Country 27 BHS. We have a tailgater which we connected to the cable port on the outside. The receiver does not get the signal from the tailgater. If connected directly to the receiver the tailgater works fine. There appears to be something in the wiring??? Also, the coax box close to the tv has a red button that says off/on. What does it do? We only have one tv connection.

Any detailed help would be appreciated. We are new to rv tv, so don't understand it all.

THanks,
Nancy A.
Terrell, TX

branson4020

Icantre Member
The coax connector on the outside of your coach is for connection of cable tv only, not satellite. It is connected to that coax box with the little red button. That is your antenna switch and amplifier. The red button should be ON to use the antenna, OFF for cable TV connection. The amplifier is not compatible with satellite TV.

pegmikef

On my North Trail I had to run a separate cable for my tailgater because I only had the one that went to the booster. As it turns out it works better because I often get good local channels off the antenna and all the cable channels of of dish network. A lot of rigs have separate satellite feeds built in.

nander

Thank you for the info! We'll run a separate line for the tailgater.

Thanks again!
Nancy A.
Terrell, TX

nander

We took the amplifier box off and disconnected the coax wiring. The one that feeds the cable tv, we hooked directly to the dish receiver and it worked. I tried connecting the other coax back to the original box, but nothing worked. So, for now, we won't use the amplifier box.

Another issue, when I connected the jensen dvd to the tv, it only played in black & white. Any ideas on what the problem could be?

Also, is there a way to connect the tv sound to the jensen radio/dvd player so it plays thru the speaker system?

Thanks for your help,
Nancy A.
Terrell, TX

ncrebel8

Wesley and Niki Norwood
The coax in the unit are wired for Over air antena, and cable. They will not work with satelite because of the splitters used in them. Without getting technical, there are different splitters needed for cable and satelite. They cant be run through the same setups.

If you dont have a dedicated satelite coax already in the unit you will need to run one.

Hook the amplifier and all back up as they were, Run another coax for the satelilte, and have whatever you need whenever you need it.

JENSENRVdirect

Another issue, when I connected the jensen dvd to the tv, it only played in black & white. Any ideas on what the problem could be?

Also, is there a way to connect the tv sound to the jensen radio/dvd player so it plays thru the speaker system?

Thanks for your help,
Nancy A.
Terrell, TX

I represent ASA Electronics, the producer of the JENSEN brand of televisions, stereos, and speakers, Voyager brand of observation monitors and cameras and the Advent brand of appliances. At ASA, we strive to provide excellent customer service and product satisfaction and would like to offer some assistance in this matter.

If you experience a black & white picture from the JENSEN DVD & TV, this would indicate that the DVD Video OUT is connected to a Component Video IN (RGB). Change this connection to the TV’s Yellow Composite Video IN to view the full-color picture. You will then select A/V IN from the TV’s Source Menu.

You can also run a set of stereo RCA audio cables (Red & White) from the TV’s Audio OUT to the stereo’s AUX IN jacks. You will need to turn the TV’s internal speakers OFF in the Audio Menu of the TV. You can then select the AUX IN mode on the stereo to listen to the TV audio through the stereo system.

If you have any further questions, feel free to call us on our toll free technical support line at (877) 845-8750. We are available M-F 8:00 AM until 6:00 PM EDT.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

PeternLiane

We took care of this one in our SOB. We took the Cable part off of the amplifier. We set up another cable connect right next to the other coax antenna connection. We then had a cable connection and an antenna connection with the amplifier. No real need to run another cable. We ran the out side coax for a cable connection and the satellite connection. We'll be doing something similar in our NT one the season gets going. It takes all of 30 minutes to do.

doffill

This is an excellent idea. Thanks for sharing. I've been wondering how best to utilize the cable feed for satellite since I only have one outside connection labeled 'Cable' in my North Trail.

Danny & Vicki

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Check out this solution for allowing the outside cable connection to feed either cable TV signals or satellite signals over the same cable from a single exterior connection to the interior wall plates
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/30234-SOLVED-Satellite-TV-Hookup-question

Last edited:

rumaco

US Army Retired (CW4)
gave up LONG ago on Sat and have gone with computer driven movies............................what a relief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!