Myrtle Beach

Cheryl

We're leaving for Myrtle Beach in 2 days!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D We'll be staying at the Myrtle Beach Travel Park, North Myrtle. If you see us feel free to stop by and say HI!

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Cheryl said:
We're leaving for Myrtle Beach in 2 days!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D We'll be staying at the Myrtle Beach Travel Park, North Myrtle. If you see us feel free to stop by and say HI!
Cheryl, How long will you be there? We will be at Ocean Lakes over the 4th of July. Looking forward to it. Hope you guys have a safe trip. We have never stayed at the Travel Park, but my father and mother-in-law have. They really like it.Be safe and enjoy. If you get a chance go to the Cold Stone Creamery. Great ice cream. It is located near the Super Wal-mart near which is close to the Travel Park.

HappyKayakers

Yikes :eek: How the heck did I miss Cold Stone Creamery when I was at Ocean Lakes last fall? Now I may have to schedule a return trip for both. We had a great time while we were there.

Cheryl

Unfortunately, we are only staying to the 1st this trip, but we are going for 2 weeks in 3 weeks. You don't have to tell me about Cold Stone, we've been there and will go back. It's our favorite ice cream place. Fortunately, or maybe unfortunately (depending on your waistline :p) we have one kind of close to home, about 45 minutes.
We've never tried Ocean Lakes, but we have been to Lakewood (right beside it). We like the Travel Park because they don't rent golf carts nor do they allow guests to bring their own, only seasonal people can have them, cuts down on a lot of traffic within the park.

trdeal

Ocean Lakes is the only cg we have ever stayed in Myrtle Beach. We love it. Yes the golf cars do make it a little busy,and we do have our own but I can see your point as well. The 4th of July is a busy time,but when you work in the furniture industry, that is the week they give you off so we take it.We as you have a Cold Stone about 30 minutes away from our home and try to stop in when we are in the area. Banana Carmel Crunch with coconut and extra walnuts in syrup. Thats what I am talking about. We will be at ocean lakes july 1st. I will have my laptop with me and will be checking the forum.So if you are down that way before you go home look us up. Be safe. Once again have a safe trip.

Cheryl

We wil be leaving pretty early in the morning. We have about an 11 hour trip home and poor Nelson has to get up and go to work on the 2nd. You have a safe trip also. I hear the 4th of July week is usually very crowded.

trdeal

Yes it is very crowded ,but as I said we get the week of the 4th off where I work and it is hard to get off any other time. My wife can get off most any time in her job with Siemens Medical, but my job is a different story. We have been going to OL for many,many years at the 4th so we are used to the crowds. We are really excited about the trip. Anyway be careful and keep it between the ditches.

Cheryl

We are very lucky, Nelson can pretty much take his 4 weeks whenever he wants. Me, I'm off from the first week or so of June until mid to late August. Bet you can't guess where I work!;)

trdeal

Cheryl said:
We are very lucky, Nelson can pretty much take his 4 weeks whenever he wants. Me, I'm off from the first week or so of June until mid to late August. Bet you can't guess where I work!;)
Now let me see. I bet you are a teacher. My sister has been a teachers aid for 20 plus years now. She is thinking of retiring soon.I think it takes a special person to be a teacher. I SALUTE you. Our son and daughter-in-law will be making their first trip to the beach in their new pop up. So, they are very excited.In the past they have slept in a tent on our site, so this will be a totally new experience for them.Anyway have a safe trip and if you can please let me know what the weather is supposed to be like at Myrtle Beach over the next few weeks. You know what they say though, Even a bad day of camping in the rain at the beach is better than a good day at work. Be safe and have fun.

Cheryl

Thank you. You are close. I'm actually an aide too, Kindergarten. I love it. I didn't start working until our kids were 13 and 11, so I went for an aide job. I actually think my job is better than the teachers (except for the pay). I get to do all the crafts as well as some teaching, I take them out for luch and recess. I don't have to meet with unhappy parents, do lesson plans, IGO's, or any of the other tedious paperwork they have. My hours are 8:00 - 3:00 and I'm not allowed to take work home. Teachers work 7:30 - 3:30 but most either come early or stay late and a lot have to take work home. Plus they have to take "classes" in the summer. I'm "free" all summer.

I looked up the weather on http://www.weather.com/. At the top, you can type in whatever city you want and get a 10 day forecast.

trdeal

Cheryl said:
Thank you. You are close. I'm actually an aide too, Kindergarten. I love it. I didn't start working until our kids were 13 and 11, so I went for an aide job. I actually think my job is better than the teachers (except for the pay). I get to do all the crafts as well as some teaching, I take them out for luch and recess. I don't have to meet with unhappy parents, do lesson plans, IGO's, or any of the other tedious paperwork they have. My hours are 8:00 - 3:00 and I'm not allowed to take work home. Teachers work 7:30 - 3:30 but most either come early or stay late and a lot have to take work home. Plus they have to take "classes" in the summer. I'm "free" all summer.

I looked up the weather on http://www.weather.com/. At the top, you can type in whatever city you want and get a 10 day forecast.
Thanks Cheryl. My sister is thinking of retiring soon but she is wondering what she would do to occupy her time. She just found out she is going to be a Grandma or Nana, not sure what she wants to be called, so I guess her time will probably be occupied enough. Have a safe trip.