Roof Air Conditioner and Heater on at same time

Roadie2

Hopefully this is an easy one for you all. I purchased a new 2012 Cyclone 2812 with the factory air conditioner on top. Took delivery back in December and everything worked great except for the fuel gauge and a couple of missing decals on the front. Took it to the dealer where I purchased it, and they fixed the problems. Now, when I turn on the heater via the thermostat, both the heater and the air conditioner go on. I've changed up the temp settings on the air conditioner and the heater without success. I can pop the circuit breaker on the air conditioner and the heater works great. I don't know if this was a problem from the factory and when the dealer fixed the fuel gauge he "fixed" the breaker....

Does anyone have any suggestions? is it a bad thermostat? It's one of the newer ones Heartland is putting in the 5th wheels.

danemayer

Cycle the thermostat to FAN and press the + or - buttons until it changes to Auto. If you have it set to High or Low the A/C fan will run whether you call for A/C or for Heat.

CrazyCooter

This should be a hanging tag on the thermostat when you get the new rig.......

I had to download the instructions to figure out WTH was happening. There wasn't a correct manual provided in the bag for this thermostat.....big help when you are camping without internet!