2009 3300SK Living Room Leak

I have a 2009 Sundance 3300SK that has a leak somewhere but the only place I find water is in the very back corner on the fridge slide side. I have looked, looked and looked some more for a penetration point from the front to the back but I can't find anything. It's starting to mess up the wall in the back corner and driving me crazy. I don't have a Heartland dealer anywhere nearby and the only RV place is not that good and they charge a fortune. Anyone else ever had this problem? I almost want to think that when it rains water is coming in from the outside of the slide but the more I look at it I don't think that's the case. Any insight before I waste a grand for someone to tell me they can't find it would be great! Thanks

Charles Wheeler

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Charles, the only thing you can do is check around the perimeter or the slide out. Leaks are extremely difficult to find the point of entry. don't forget to check the bottom outer edges of the slide out floor, water can come in along that lower edge and wick up too.

branson4020

Icantre Member
On my rig, water was getting in around the frame for the refer access panel. It was running down inside the wall and seeping out at the base of the wall. Once we removed the plastic frame (just a few screws) you could see how wet the inside of the wall was.

On my rig, water was getting in around the frame for the refer access panel. It was running down inside the wall and seeping out at the base of the wall. Once we removed the plastic frame (just a few screws) you could see how wet the inside of the wall was.

Does yours have a radio antenna on the outside of the slide just past the refer access panels? I hadn't thought about those panels but that is a good idea. I just don't see any water under the slide even when it's raining. I do need some new slide seals but just haven't had time. Another question, is there a way to adjust the slide from left to right? Thanks for the help!

Charles

Bernie55

Make sure the drain hose for the ref. is vented outside....mine was not and the water drained inside the trailer...

Make sure the drain hose for the ref. is vented outside....mine was not and the water drained inside the trailer...

Yes it is, I've actually had to replace that hose because the original was so dry rotted I touched it and it broke. I replaced it with heavy duty plastic hose from Lowes.