rear bunk in the 3300ck

sjs731

I've been wondering the same thing. Both of our children are nearing that 100 lb. mark and so are their friends. I have my unit in storage for the winter right now but I have been thinking about this. I was wondering if I took a 1x oak board and ran my router around the edge to make it look nice, stained it and fastened it to the studs in the walls if that would work. It should support much more weight than the two little stops mounted to the wall now support. Just one of my thoughts.

fordtech 2008

dealer told me today to take the front board off and put a 3" wide 1/16" thick piece of metal the lenth of the board behind the board and put the board back on. found the metal at home depot but could only find a piece 2" wide. guess that will help some

sjs731

The board on the bunk itself? I would think the little tab that the bed rests on would be the weak point but I can't remember what it exactly looks like. It's been in storage since November. I'll be getting it out in April and will take a look them.

sjs731

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/30079-Looking-at-a-3200CK?p=238770#post238770

Fordtech, take a look at the response I got from Jim Hickey in another thread. Seems the 100 lb rating is a mistake. good to know