ATF: North Trail - Ladder

Jonandkim

I would like to install a ladder on my new 2012 24rbs. Can you tell me if this is possible and where to install it. A diagram possibly?

pegmikef

I was going to do that, but then I opted for one of those folding step/extension ladders that lets me use it for more than just climbing on the roof. I think it was about ninety bucks at Walmart, is very sturdy, and I just throw it in the back of the truck when traveling with the rig.

PeternLiane

I was going to put a ladder on too. However, I'm just going to get a folding extension ladder to put into the trailer.

M

Mcreech

I would like to install a ladder on my new 2012 24rbs. Can you tell me if this is possible and where to install it. A diagram possibly?

There is backer in the back wall.....We inserted 2 2x4s running vertical, starting on the right corner of the TT (door side) and spaced 12" apart

Christytra

We took our 31 BHD back to the dealership where we purchased and they added a ladder to the back for us. It was, probably, our best modification!

CliffP

Always thought it was strange that Heartland advertised their roofs strength and didn't have a ladder as an option. We had our dealer add one.

Jonandkim

There is a window there. Do the 2x4's run up to the window and then continue above it? Can you use a stud finder to find the exact location of the boards?

Indengr

I noticed Mcreech responded with 2 2x4s spaced 12 inches apart. I own a 2010 26RKS. Are there 2x4s also located at the right rear (doorside) ? Are they spaced 12 inches OC (on center) or apart (edge to edge)? I ask since I am considering the Carlson Stromberg Universal Exterior RV Ladder #LA-401. Their measurement is listed as 11 inch wide center line of each 1 inch diameter tube. You can see the difference.

CliffP

There is a window there. Do the 2x4's run up to the window and then continue above it? Can you use a stud finder to find the exact location of the boards?

197_9720.JPG

Our window isn't that big. You should be able to use a metal stud finder to find the studs. Heartland sent our dealer a map of the backing studs for the ladder. You can see the mounts on our ladder would go above and below the window if needed but that would leave the window exposed to damage and if the window was an egress it would be disabled.

POCOHORSE

Troy & Tracy Chaddon
Indengr,

We also have a 2010 26 RKS and are interested in putting a ladder to the right of the kitchen window. I'm interested to see what you find out.

Tracy