A New Heartland Owner in OUR Family???

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
Our son and his wife went to the Portland RV Show today to 'look' at campers. They found the North Trails and fell in love with the 28BRS...did the paperwork and put some money down but are still 'thinking' it over - I'm pretty sure that we have a new Heartland owner in the family!

We're already working on getting them to join the Washington Chapter and the forum! Keep your fingers crossed!

ZNK

If only I can find a cheap and safe place to park it... That's going to be the deal breaker.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
No place is 100% safe to park it, even next to your house. But if you remove the TV's and other valuables when you're not using the trailer, you'll minimize your problems. Put a sign on the door and window that you've removed the goodies and the snatch & grab burglars will probably leave you alone. Don't know about your area, but most open storage yards around here run $30 a month.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
WAChapterLogo2.jpg

Hope your deal works out! Consider this a personal invitation to join the Washington Chapter! We would love to have you in the group. Check out this years Rally plans for a gathering in Twisp.

Best Wishes!

Steve and AnaLyn

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Don't know if there is a Thousand Trails RV Preserve close to you but if there is you can get a regional membership for $499 for a year. The TT perserves are gated and all of them have a storage area for a very reasonable price. Then with that regional membership you will be able to camp for free at any of the parks in that region, and store the RV at the park so you don't have to tow it back and forth. The storage areas are safer than most and they are patrolled by the rangers. Just an idea.

2psnapod1

If only I can find a cheap and safe place to park it... That's going to be the deal breaker.

And you thought we were crazy when we talked about our 'Heartland family'....now you can see from all these warm wishes...why we feel the way we do!

Last edited:
We just went to Portland,OR RV show Friday and have purchased 2013 3070RL Big Horn from factory---can't wait for it to arrive at dealer so can pick it up. We are trading in a 30 ft regular tow along so have a nice wide graveled pad to park it on at our house with campground type 30/50/110 plug in

2psnapod1

We just went to Portland,OR RV show Friday and have purchased 2013 3070RL Big Horn from factory---can't wait for it to arrive at dealer so can pick it up. We are trading in a 30 ft regular tow along so have a nice wide graveled pad to park it on at our house with campground type 30/50/110 plug in

Congratulations to you on the purchase of your new Big Horn! I'm sure you'll love it as much as we love our Landmark!

jbeletti

znk,

Congrats on the maybe. Your storage dilema will be the same no matter what brand RV you buy. Check out the campgrounds near you to see if any of them provide storage. Most do. Like John mentioned, remove your TVs and keep nothing you can't afford to lose in the RV while stored. This is not to say that most people get broken into. They don't. But it happens.

We hope you sort it all out and join the RVing ranks.

Jim

jbeletti

Richard and Constance,

Congrats on joining the Heartland family! Now the wait. And I know how you feel. We all do! I'm waiting on my new truck. Ugh!

Hope you can join us for the WA state rally this year and if even more travel is in the cards for you, consider joining out North American rally in Gillette, WY in June.

Jim

ZNK

Well...Parking is looking like it is going to cost about $2 a linear foot. With a 32 foot North Trail that is about $62. Wish I had somewhere to store it for free. Found a place that gives you a discount if you pay 6 months or 12 months in advance. They basically give you 2 weeks or one month free. So it ends up being about $59 a month. Not much savings. I am still going to look around. However, they do include potable water, electricity, and air in the cost, so that may be worth it. They also ensure me that their location is one of the safest in Vancouver. They have gated 24/7 access and 16 security cameras...

Our budget is a bit tighter than we thought, but if we want this we can make it happen. Just have to cut back on eating out, and extra spending. It will definitely help if I find out I am promoted to Captain in a few weeks. With the price that they are offering I just cannot say no at this point. I think it is worth making it work for all of perks that our new RV would provide.

Does anyone have any other ideas for RV storage?

merlinb

Retired
ZNK, you mentioned getting promoted to Captain so I am assuming your are military. Or...you could be an airline pilot or a tugboat pilot or something else; but let's go with military. Check on base for RV storage facilities. I have mine stored at Ft Eustis, VA, and the cost is $25 per month. There are several military bases in this area and most of them have a storage lot. It is also much more secure than most off base facilities. Good luck.

2psnapod1

ZNK, you mentioned getting promoted to Captain so I am assuming your are military. Or...you could be an airline pilot or a tugboat pilot or something else; but let's go with military. Check on base for RV storage facilities. I have mine stored at Ft Eustis, VA, and the cost is $25 per month. There are several military bases in this area and most of them have a storage lot. It is also much more secure than most off base facilities. Good luck.

He is military - you are correct! However, he isn't near a post...closest base would be about 2 hours north of them.

PeternLiane

ZNK - There are many storage options around. You can rent a place where you can store the unit and camp in the same spot. If you have a friend in a rural area. They might be able to store it. We have neighbors with 5 acres. They store 5 or 6 unit there through winter. Just some ideas. An early Welcome to the Heartland Family.

ZNK

The military lot would be a good idea. Except for the distance factor, but if I was in a bind I would consider that.

HOWEVER, I hope I do not disappoint anyone, we have decided that at this moment it is just not the best time to purchase. I can afford the trailer, but the added cost of parking in this area looks to be too much for me to handle. After sleeping on it and discussing we have decided that another good deal will come our way when we are completely ready to be Heartland owners. I am definitely set on being a Heartland owner. Their quality and service are unparalleled. This was clearly apparent when we went to the RV show yesterday. The Heartland rep was overwhelmingly helpful, he answered every question I had and even gave me suggestions on things that I may want to add. I am thinking next December / January time frame we will be purchasing our North Trail trailer. Thank you for all of the suggestions...keep em coming so that I can continue to figure out where I am going to store my Heartland!

jbeletti

znk,

Thank you for considering Heartland. You know best, when the time is right to make a big purchase like an RV. The Heartland community will be here, ready to help you out when the timing is right for you.

Thank you for your service and we hope you make Captain. I'm sure I'll learn a bit more about you this coming weekend when we camp next to your parents :)

Jim