Window Trim

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
The rubber/vinyl window trim (it may be called glaze trim) has shrunk about an inch at the seam leaving the window exposed at the bottom. I think the trim is basically cosmetic as it certainly isn't water tight but it looks odd to have these gaps. I would like to replace the trim. Does anyone know the proper term for this trim, size, and where to purchase? Searched the net but I think my lack of the proper terminolgy is hindering my success!

Thanks!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
The rubber/vinyl window trim (it may be called glaze trim) has shrunk about an inch at the seam leaving the window exposed at the bottom. I think the trim is basically cosmetic as it certainly isn't water tight but it looks odd to have these gaps. I would like to replace the trim. Does anyone know the proper term for this trim, size, and where to purchase? Searched the net but I think my lack of the proper terminolgy is hindering my success!

Thanks!
Steve, are you referring to the black trim in the outer channel? The stuff that only goes around the part of the frame that has the sliding portion of the window? Ours has shrunk about an inch. It also seems to pull out a bit at the radius as well. The only thing I've done is to pack it back into the radius. I don't think it hurts anything being short.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Steve, are you referring to the black trim in the outer channel? The stuff that only goes around the part of the frame that has the sliding portion of the window? Ours has shrunk about an inch. It also seems to pull out a bit at the radius as well. The only thing I've done is to pack it back into the radius. I don't think it hurts anything being short.

Yup...thats the stuff. It stays in the frame channel fine but it just shrunk! Thought about filling the gap with a black sealant just so it looks better. That seal comes off really easy and is easy to put back so I thought if I could find some, I would just replace it with a longer piece. Guess I can call Heartland and order some there.

Does anyone know if the windows are Hehr brand?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Does anyone know if the windows are Hehr brand?

Steve, I believe they are Hehr. You should be able to find out from Heartland. Call them with your VIN in hand when you order the moldings. I'm wondering now though if you might have to order the stuff from the window manufacturer. I'm thinking Heartland gets the windows in bulk from a supplier and may not have "parts" for the windows.
Mine are Hehr and they had little stickers on them. We took them off because the Hummingbirds were flying into the windows trying to feed on the stickers.:cool:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Actually, I think Heartland can get the parts from Hehr. I needed to replace the screen on the rear window and ordered it from Heartland. Picked it up during the rally. If I hadn't been giving myself a visual posterior exam when I ordered it, I probably could have gotten it for free during the complimentary maintenance visits.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think Hehr is the current supplier. My 2011 BH does not have Hehr.
Good suggestion to call the factory.

Peace
Dave