dometic fridges

readytohitheroad

are there other options for fridges besides dometic? many posts involve issues with the dometics and I am wondering what other options are out there.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
are there other options for fridges besides dometic? many posts involve issues with the dometics and I am wondering what other options are out there.
FYI, I know a person with a brand new rig, Norcold refer and all. It lasted about 4 days.
They all have their problems.

Peace
Dave

jbeletti

I know the person that Cookie knows that had their Norcold refer go out after 4 days. Cause I am that person :)

I guess it shows that anything can fail. In my case, the refer just doesn't cool "at all". Burner lights, control panel works, lights work. But no cooling. No ammonia smell, no leaks... Dunno.

Replacement refer hopefully being shipped today. Will have to do 1 or 2 rallies with no refer. Back to using a cooler :(

Jim

jtwhites85

In our previous 5er (SOB) we left the Dometic on ele for the better part of 6 years. Went out in November and caught fire when I tried to light off on LP. Dometic paid for a new cooling unit AND all labor for the repair. They have had their issues with some units from what I have heard but I definitely give them kudos for their willingness to stand behind their product.

wdk450

I have been seeing stuff on the Internet about Amish Refrigeration company. They make/rebuild cooling units to their own improved design with heavier tubing, modified tubing routing design, and slightly different chemical mixture amounts for optimum reliability and efficiency. They don't seem to have their own website, but are sold through the website in the following link with some info on their equipment and contact info:
http://rvcoolingunit.com/1200LR-Norcold-Brand-New-Cooling-Unit,-built-by-the-Amish.-P13259.aspx