Fantastic fans and Maxxair covers

RanCarr

We have a Maxxaire (sp?) cover on our Fantastic Fan so we can get ventilation in the rain. Well if you have the same setup, be advised when it rains like the world is ending, it will splash in the Maxxaire and enter the room if the FF cover is also open. I had to close the FF lid/cover. We had some hellacious rainstorm here in Belleview FL this past week. I expected to see Naoh and the Ark float by......... :eek:

Wharton

Fantastic has come out with their own cover. Haven't researched it yet but would be curios if someone has.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/29574-My-2013-Landmark-Key-Largo

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...-Flow-Restrictions-Visual-Demonstration-Video

Here are two recent threads discussing the new Ultra Breeze cover. Call Fantastic Fan and ask them about their cover in the rain. I bet they took that into consideration when they designed the Ultras Breeze.

Oh, we got some of that rain here SC you talked about. Probably some of the hardest rain I have seen here in a long time.

jbeletti

When I was up on the roof this weekend, I looked inside the Ultrabreeze covers by Fantastic Vent. I'd say that the right amount of rain in the right direction could cause water to get into the fan area.

If the fan this cover is on, has a rain sensor, then at least the fan will still shut down if the sensor gets wet.

I have yet to use the fans in a rain storm. Hope I don't have to for a long while :)

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Haven't had that problem with our MaxxAir FanMate cover. But then, Michigan rains are not tsunami's from the sky...usually.

62cwil

Jim, I have 2010 Eagle Ridge. Bathroom vent fan is push button cheap one. Can you recommend a replacement one?

Wharton

Fantastic Fan has been the best fan for years. Quiet, pull a lot of air, have different covers depending if you want light or not. Their customer service from day one has been the best we have ever seen. We have 3 in out BH: one in the LR, with rain sensor, thermostat controlled(can't reach the fan in the ceiling); 1 in the bath with a cover so we can run it on rainy days and 1 in the BR, agin with a rain sensor, no need for a thermostat, can be reached easily.

jbeletti

Jim, I have 2010 Eagle Ridge. Bathroom vent fan is push button cheap one. Can you recommend a replacement one?

Like Tom - Fantastic Vent fans is all I've ever used. Pretty good stuff and I'm not afraid to recommend them.

Jim

MTPockets

49155nNEW.jpg

The Maxair Fanmate is what I use too...... It works pretty good. The angled inlet does a good job unless you have a blowing rain directly at the front - plus it's hinged for easy cleaning.

cjhicks

I just replaced our Bathroom Vent Fan with "The Vortex - Vent Fan Conversion Kit" very easy to do , you do eveything from the inside, you do not remove the vent cover . I bought it on line from PPLmotorhomes.com for $49.89 plus shipping

Gizzy

I just replaced our Bathroom Vent Fan with "The Vortex - Vent Fan Conversion Kit" very easy to do , you do eveything from the inside, you do not remove the vent cover . I bought it on line from PPLmotorhomes.com for $49.89 plus shipping
I installed the MAXAIR cover over our fantastic Fan and it works just fine. I also installed the Heng Vortex in the bathroom and agree with everything cjhicks said except I got it from Amazon for $42.95 w/free shipping. Installation was easy.