HDTV Receiver

Uncle Rog

Chopper, I have no idea, from what I have seen I am not sure that HD is all that it is cracked up to be......

Pulltab

Bill, I am not sure but my guess would be that one is a chinese knockoff. I am sure it does the exact same thing. Something to consider is if you intend to upgrade one of your tv's to lcd or just a new tv, buy one hd ready and with the digital receiver built in. We just bought a 20"lcd at Wallyworld (Poloroid) that has the receiver built in (cost $267). With the receiver costing $190 that made the Tv only another $80. Then just hook up and have it search for the channels.

A friend told us about it and showed me and I was blown away! The thing is if you have never messed with HD it isn't just the clarity of the picture but the fact that there are multiple channels broadcast that you don't even know about. For instance where we are there is channel 7 but also HD 7 and 7-2 which is a fulltime weather local channel. Without HD you would never know it existed.

They work pretty well with the standard Weingard antenna but if you really want to go all out buy either a hd antenna from RS or the Sensor 2 head for your antenna. I don't think you would be disappointed with either the receiver or hd ready tv.:)

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I'm new to the HD scene too. I have an HDTV but there are 2 coax inputs, 1 for uhf/vhf and the other for HDTV. Do I spilt the incoming signal from my rooftop antenna into each of these inputs and then choose the HDTV input to search for any HD channels?

C

Chulinw

Camping World has a sale on the Windguard for $169.00. It sure has drop in price since it first came out.