LP Selector Problem

Our rig is 3250 TS and when the front tank ran out of gas, the selector switch did not change to the rear tank and therefore no heat, no stove. Is there a reason for this or is the selector valve bad? Also, does the 3250 TS come with a battery cutoff switch? What I did was moved the rear tank to the front position and guess what all worked well.

Getting ready to leave for a week trip and having heat and stove is a necessity for us.

Any one have answers please let us know. Thanks

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
The first thing I would look at is if the selector was pointed at the right tank.
There should be some sort of indicator on the changeover lever. That should be pointed toward the tank being used. When that tank expires it will automatically (should) allow use of the second tank. The lever itself will not move till you switch it when changing out the empty tank.
There is also the chance of a bad changeover valve.
Hope this helps.

Peace
Dave

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
There is also the possibility, however remote, that tank #2 was not turned on. But yes, they can and do fail.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
The changeover is automatic. The black pointer valve only points to the tank in use and does not cause the changeover. The changeover will only happen if both tanks are open. So when the one tank runs out if you do not look at the indicator you won't know you are out in that tank unless you look. Hope that makes sense.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Also, the first time we used the heater, I kept watching the indicator and was thinking that I had a great efficient furnace but the truth was that I was draining both bottles at the same time. Something else to consider and keep in mind.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I always only open one tank at a time. That way don't get surprised by running out in the middle of a cold night (propane always seems to run out in the middle of the night:) ) So then when the tank runs out I manually switch it over and take the empty tank to get filled. You can drain both tanks at the same time by leaving them both open.