Opening windows

Sandie

It seems that some of our windows are extremely difficult to open. I am wondering if we can put some sort of lubricant in there to help with this. Maybe rub a little vaseline in there? We live in a very dusty area...the Arizona desert so maybe this can be the problem, I don't know. Any suggestions????

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Sandie, can you tell if they are binding anywhere? Do you have sliders or jalousie or both? You could use a pure silicone spray but nothing with any petroleum products. The pure silicone spray will dry and not collect any dust or debris.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
They are sliders Ray.

OK, I would still go with the pure silicone spray. Open the window and lightly spray the bottom and top tracks. Make sure there is nothing in the tracks that would cause binding before spraying though.

Sandie

Thanks Ray...will do as soon as we get it back from dealer. Having some warranty work done right now. Mentioned this to them and they told us to just clean the tracks...geez I can't even open them. This should be fun...

Wharton

Many of us have had this problem. Just loosen the screws a little around the window and they will be easier to open. Just don't loosen them so much that the window falls out.

bowhunt73

Silicone didn't work for me or the dealer. They had to basically reinstall / reposition the window in the opening and re-caulk. Works wonderful. I could barely move it prior.

WYWendinger

Silicone didn't work for me or the dealer. They had to basically reinstall / reposition the window in the opening and re-caulk. Works wonderful. I could barely move it prior.

Thanks for the tip on this - our bedroom slide out windows whistle when closed. I'll try reinstall/repositioning one to test out.