BH 3070 RL - Reading Lights

macjj

The spot lights over the lounges, couch and bed are difficult to reach. I am 6'3" and it is still a reach. So I bought some SPST switches (JRP 12581 - White/Black/Brown) with faceplate's (JRP 12841- White/Black/Brown), two 16 AWG 12ft extension cords (2wire) ('from HD or ? - HD wire was $.30/ft the extension cords were $0.15/ft - go figure). You will need some wire nuts and 16 AWG crimp lugs (spade receptacles). May also need some wire nails to secure the wire up the walls

Cut a 1/2" x 1" hole with a 1/4" side slot (this allows the wire to extrude from the side of the plate). The result will look like a rectangle with a tail:

I------I
I xxxx I
I xxxx I---I Right or left tail depending upon which side of the coach you are
I xxxx I---I working on
I xxxx I
I_____I

After cutting the hole,you will need to dig out the insulation or foam in the walls. Run the wire up the back side of the window dressing to the existing lamp. I drilled a 3/8" hole along the rim of the lamp about 1/4" deep to allow the cord to enter without pinching.

Now I do not have to get out up and reach over the DW to shut the lights off - why didn't Heartland think of this? Then maybe they did and I missed it?

IMG_3822.jpg

Attachments

• Cabinet Struts.jpg
    Cabinet Struts.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 160

Westwind

Good Mod JIm - One I seriously need to do so I don't burn my fingers when I go to shut them off. Where did you get your materials - On line?