BH 3070 RL - Cabinets above Lounge Chairs and Couch

macjj

The cabinets above the lounge chairs and couch swung close automatically - this made it difficult to store anything, much less look for anything - and they are difficult to reach and I am 6'3"" (and getting shorter)

I also noted others having problems with the doors popping off the hinges - possibly because they are pushed too far. Therefore I had the dealer install door struts (JR-70545) - this has been a big plus.

Why didn't Heartland think of this? Or maybe they did and I missed it.

View attachment 18177

Westwind

I have a 2012 and had two in the living room pop the plastic plugs and now one in the bedroom cabinet next to the TV. One of my projects when we get home will be to take the plugs out and glue them. I also have some cabinet door edges (Trash Can, silver wear drawer, and medicine cabinet that need to be stained and sealed, the Glazed Maple finish on the cabinets is not holding up and I don't consider us hard on them to say the least. Some of the edges are pretty rough also and that needs to be addressed. Since the factory had their chance I'm sure I can do better.

Gizzy

Our 3070 came with struts and we have not had any problems so far with any of them in almost 2 yrs of use. Guess we have been lucky.