any 3912 owners out there? have a question or 2

Kajunswty

thanks for "clicking" to help :)

we are 300 miles from the nearest dealer so we haven't been able to do a walk though but I like the layout of both the 3912 and the 4012. what I'm wondering about on the 3912 is if you can open the frig without the slide being open? and whether you can get to the kitchen when the loveseat / bed is out. those are the only things holding us back from this layout...we love the 4012 but not having a washer option is making us have second thoughts...thanks in advance

caterscasa

We purchased a 3912 after great consideration to your questions as well.
1) the fridge cannot be opened when the slide is in. The only time we really need to get into the fridge when the slide is in is when we are on the move. With a little pre-planning we fill a cooler and place it in the garage.
2) when the sofa/bed is out, it is very difficult to get to the kitchen. We decided early on that we were taking the sofa out and replacing it with a euro chair and small desk for our computer. We have the large booth that turns into a bed, the queen loft and two queen beds in the garage if we need more beds.
3) the washer/dryer was not an issue in the beginning but we are glad now that we have it.
Both the 3912 and 4012 have great floor plans. What helped us finally decide was two lists: MUST HAVE features, including the reasoning and WILL LIVE WITH features.
You need to decide what you will use your RV for, how long and often you plan to use it and make a decision on that.

Kajunswty

caterscasa said:
We purchased a 3912 after great consideration to your questions as well.
1) the fridge cannot be opened when the slide is in. The only time we really need to get into the fridge when the slide is in is when we are on the move. With a little pre-planning we fill a cooler and place it in the garage.
2) when the sofa/bed is out, it is very difficult to get to the kitchen. We decided early on that we were taking the sofa out and replacing it with a euro chair and small desk for our computer. We have the large booth that turns into a bed, the queen loft and two queen beds in the garage if we need more beds.
3) the washer/dryer was not an issue in the beginning but we are glad now that we have it.
Both the 3912 and 4012 have great floor plans. What helped us finally decide was two lists: MUST HAVE features, including the reasoning and WILL LIVE WITH features.
You need to decide what you will use your RV for, how long and often you plan to use it and make a decision on that.

thanks, that is what I was expecting.....at this point (our kids are 14 & 12) the washer / dryer isn't that big of a deal..I think I would probably end up doing clothes all the time with the 4 of us. without it laundry is a 1 afternoon family event ;)

are there any amenities that you wish you'd gotten but didn't....how about things you have but don't use?

thanks again!

caterscasa

My husband I are alone with our two peek-a-poos.
- Room was my issue and the 3912 seemed to have more "open" space to move about and was (is) easier to see the TV from all seating available.
- Counter space was an issue for me also being I like to cook and I really liked the openess of the 3912. The 4012 with the low (storage) ceiling above the kitchen made it seem dark and to close quarters for me.
- As for anything I need or want and don't have, so far I can only think of one thing, an outside TV in the storage bin. We will be adding one ourselves but have to wire for the plug being there is not one inside the storage area. Our 3912 came with a central vac which has turned out to be a blessing, especially with two small dogs tracking in dirt.
- As for items I have that I do not use, we have used everything provided. There is soooo much storage!
-

Kajunswty

thanks for the replies....we went looking today and I think we're going to end up buying a Keystone Fuzion 393. We loved the layout! The sliding glass doors the sofa/beds in the garage and washer / dryer connection were the major factors. I was so sure that we'd end up with the 4012 Cyclone but it was more "closed in" than I was expecting.

Happy RV'n
Jon

jpmorgan37

Hi Jon;
Sorry you're not going to be part of the Heartland family, but thanks for stopping by. We hope you enjoy your new Fuzion and if you see us in a CG, stop by and say hi.

Happy camping,

John