ATF: Big Country - Landing gear switch.

BC1of38

Hi, I have a 2012 big country 3450ts. Landing gear does not work with the exterior toggle switch, but works fine with the wireless remote. Seems as though no power is flowing to the switch itself (verified with voltage tester). All fuses in main panel are fine.

Is there a fusible link somewhere else in line?

Thanks!

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
My 2011 BC landing gear was switched out with the Lippert 6 leg hydraulic Level Up system. The landing gear exterior toggle switch was now inoperable (disconnected) but left in place (better than a hole). I noticed later when contemplating what to do with the switch that inside the storage area associated with the landing gear switch and attached to it was a small "on/off" switch. Made sense to me that the exterior toggle switch could be turned "off" so that errant hands couldn't operate the landing gear when set up. Check to see if that is what you have. Just a thought.

BC1of38

Thanks flying Dutchmen. On mine, that toggle switch turns the front cargo light on and off, tried both positions and no luck, seems like in coming power and ground come from the left side of bay..

lduguay

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
I had this very problem.....went through several new switches.......turned out it was an inline fuse in the battery compartment. (took me about 3 months to figure out.....I am just a little slow :eek:). It was not in plain view, so follow the wires to find fuse. Good luck!!

BC1of38

I had this very problem.....went through several new switches.......turned out it was an inline fuse in the battery compartment. (took me about 3 months to figure out.....I am just a little slow :eek:). It was not in plain view, so follow the wires to find fuse. Good luck!!

ahhhhh the battery compartment! Thanks I will check that tonight and report back.

Speedy

If you don't find it in the battery compartment look inside the front compartment on the door side in upper corner. There will be a heavy gauge cable running to the battery compartment; that's where my inline fuse was.

BC1of38

Iduguay nailed it! 30 amp in line mini spade in the battery compartment.

Changed it, all is good!

Also received a call from Heartland tech support out of Indiana, props to them for seeing this thread and contacting me.

Thanks again everyone.

lduguay

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Iduguay nailed it! 30 amp in line mini spade in the battery compartment.

Changed it, all is good!

Also received a call from Heartland tech support out of Indiana, props to them for seeing this thread and contacting me.

Thanks again everyone.

THAT, is what this forum is ALL about!!! :D