Looking for Bighorn Home Theater System

We just purchased our 1st 5th wheel, a 2009 Bighorn 3055RL. Just picked it up on Saturday. Upgraded from a 10' Lance Camper. This will be our 30th Anniversary gift to ourselves & in memory of my sister who passed away 4 months ago. We are so excited to try it out. One thing it is missing is the Home Theater System. We have 2 tv's, but no other components. We're not sure what brand it is - I assume a Samsung, since that is what the TV is. Does anyone have one for sale?

jimtoo

HI forestfriends,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I am sure you will really like the 3055RL. It is and has been one of the most popular floor plans of the Heartland line. I have a 08 3055 and will check the brand in mine for you in a little while. But I would think you could purchase almost any kind you want and put in the cabinet. Do you still have all the speakers and wiring in the cabinet?

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Mine is same as below post.

Last edited:

wdk450

Forestfriends:
I have a 2008 production Bighorn 3670RL, and I have a Coby brand DVD/Surround Sound Stereo in my rig. I did some internet searching, and found the following link that looks like it: http://www.amazon.com/Coby-DVD-925-Channel-Receiver-Theater/dp/B0006GQAU2
This comes with the speaker set, I don't know if yours are still installed in the ceiling in the living room. BTW, the subwoofer is usually installed inside the cabinetry, behind the fireplace (if you have that, or on the right bottom of the computer desk).

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
forestfriends, welcome to the Heartland Family & Forum. As the others have said, as long as the old speakers are still on the ceiling, you canb use pretty much anything that will fit in the opening. If the speakers are gone, I hope the speaker sires are still there otherwise it'll be near impossible to run new ones. We have a basic Samsung 5.1 surround system. You can spend anywhere from $100 on up depending on your needs.
Let us know about them speakers.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Check Costco, if you have a membership, or know someone who does.
I can't believe how inexpensive some of these decent small size home theater systems have gotten. Trace

HI forestfriends,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I am sure you will really like the 3055RL. It is and has been one of the most popular floor plans of the Heartland line. I have a 08 3055 and will check the brand in mine for you in a little while. But I would think you could purchase almost any kind you want and put in the cabinet. Do you still have all the speakers and wiring in the cabinet?

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Mine is same as below post.

Thanks Jim - We already love the 5th wheel and haven't even moved it from our driveway yet. Yes, we do still have all the speakers in the ceiling and I believe the wiring is in the cabinet.

I'm sure we'll be coming to the forum often as we explore our unit. Thanks again - Claudia

Thanks Trace, We do belong to Costco - so just any DVD player and CD player will work? Or does it have to be a home theater system?

Forestfriends:
I have a 2008 production Bighorn 3670RL, and I have a Coby brand DVD/Surround Sound Stereo in my rig. I did some internet searching, and found the following link that looks like it: http://www.amazon.com/Coby-DVD-925-Channel-Receiver-Theater/dp/B0006GQAU2
This comes with the speaker set, I don't know if yours are still installed in the ceiling in the living room. BTW, the subwoofer is usually installed inside the cabinetry, behind the fireplace (if you have that, or on the right bottom of the computer desk).

Thanks for the info and research. Yes, the speakers are still in the ceiling in the living room and bedroom. Haven't checked for the subwoofer under the desk or behind the fireplace - thanks for the suggestion - wouldn't have thought to look there - the cabinet has wiring, but the DVD & CD players are gone. Claudia

Hi "Any Timers" - Thank you for the welcome to the family. . . yes we do still have the speakers - at least it looks like we do - we'll look at Costco to see what they have.

Claudia

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Thanks Trace, We do belong to Costco - so just any DVD player and CD player will work? Or does it have to be a home theater system?
Claudia, if you want to use the surround system speakers, you will need a home theater system. At least a 5.1 which is a 5 speaker system plus the subwoofer. If your trailer has the fireplace, the original sub should be behind it. Otherwise you can use the one supplied with the new system you purchase. If you buy a plain ol DVD/CD player, it will show the movie on your TV but the only sound will be what the TV produces. Some TV's have very nice sound quality so it's your call as far as that goes. Have Fun!

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Also, you don't need a DVD player and a CD player. I haven't seen DVD players that don't play CDs in a long time. We are considering getting a sound bar and mounting it above the TV instead of continuing to use the factory speakers. The acoustics in these coaches isn't designed to really require surround sound, so a surround sound simulating bar should be fine for us.

Kristy