Wax over decals

SilverRhino

Another vote for 303 Protectant.....Great product, kind of pricey but a little goes a long way. Works great on tires, vinyl trim etc.

Travel Safe!

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I use a polymer product called REJEX. http://www.rejex.com/
I use it on the whole rig and go right over the decals, per the mfgr. It's nice to be able to use one product on all hard surfaces.
So far everything is still looking great.

A little bit goes a long way. I highly recommend it. Trace

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I use a polymer product called REJEX. http://www.rejex.com/
I use it on the whole rig and go right over the decals, per the mfgr. It's nice to be able to use one product on all hard surfaces.
So far everything is still looking great.

A little bit goes a long way. I highly recommend it. Trace

Reading the instructions, it appears that unless you can put it on and keep the rig indoors out of the elements until it cures, it's not the ideal product. Doesn't look like something to put on at an outdoor storage yard or campsite. How are you applying it?

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Reading the instructions, it appears that unless you can put it on and keep the rig indoors out of the elements until it cures, it's not the ideal product. Doesn't look like something to put on at an outdoor storage yard or campsite. How are you applying it?

I use Rejex exclusively on the front and rear caps of the RV and on my entire bike. It works really well and makes removing bugs very easy! In our area I just have to ignore the "cure" directions and so far, it doesn't seem to hurt much. Still lasts for a long time.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired

John, That was my concern as well, so I called the mfgr. He said just don't put it on in blistering sun.
I do the shady side in the morning and the other side in the evening. Trace

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
The 3 safe staples I use to keep our new unit looking like new are below. If your RV is weathered you will need to get more aggressive products first.
Rejex.................used mostly on the frontal areas.
303...................used on decals, tires, vinyl.
Finish Kare 425....detailer sprayed on after washing while the unit is still wet.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
John, That was my concern as well, so I called the mfgr. He said just don't put it on in blistering sun.
I do the shady side in the morning and the other side in the evening. Trace

Thanks for the info, Trace.

PUG

Pug
I use Maguires Tech 2. It is not a wax but a polymar film that says you can use it on decals. Used for three years now and it is easy to put on and seems to stay better than others I have used. I use Rejex on the front end that makes it much easier to remove bugs.

Broncofan

I use rejex on the front cap,works great but kind of a pain to put on,and use mequirs tech on side used it on our old trailer from 06 decals look great,and will be using the same one our new elkridge when weather warms up

traveler44

When you use the 303 on the decals do you use it on the whole side of the fifth wheel or do you wax in between the decals somehow? I have heard that 303 is the best thing for decals too, but I haven't figured out how to wax the rest of the Bighorn without waxing them too.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
When you use the 303 on the decals do you use it on the whole side of the fifth wheel or do you wax in between the decals somehow? I have heard that 303 is the best thing for decals too, but I haven't figured out how to wax the rest of the Bighorn without waxing them too.

I first use the 303 on the decals if the entire unit using a MF towel, don't worry so much about getting some on the painted surface's. (15-20 minutes) Then use your quality detailer or wax of your choice. (approx.1-3 hours) The key is don't over do it and apply too much product. The good quality products are easy to apply and remove. If your arms feel like their going to fall off you may choose to use a power buffer and use a white foam pad. I use a PortaCable polisher, its a quality, light weight, proven product.
Buffer link

StephenKatSea

Of course, what has been referred to here as "decals" are actually stick on vinyls. I "discovered" 303 because of Heartland Owner's Forum and it is great stuff, particularly on vinyl. Its very good on gel coat also.