Signal Problems When Fans Run

bscid

We have a 2900MK with the stock batwing antenna. It is mounted above the bedroom and bathroom. When we run the bathroom fan or turn on the bedroom lights or run the Maxaire that the dealer installed, we lose signal strength and the TV goes out due to "low signal strength". This odes happen all the time or to all the stations but it appears these other electrical draws weaken the TV signal. Anyone else experieiced this?

Thank you.

bowhunt73

Same issue here too. I kind of forgot about it till I saw your post. I must say that I was on generator power at the time so I chopped it up to gen power. I need to test this in the driveway on shore power. I had the SAME exact experience as you.

Let's see what the experts say.......

brianharrison

Interference between the fan and 12V booster for TV signal over the air - one suggestion I have heard is RadioShack® RF Interference Filter. Model: 9FTCA297A-1 - $8.99. Not sure if it works for digital over the air, or not.

Another suggestion is to put a 0.01 mfd capacitor across the leads going to the fan motor, as close to the motor as possible.

Hope this helps.

PS - not an expert; just heard about it before.

Brian

bscid

I appreciate the idea on the capacitor and will try that but it is not isolated to just the fan. If a hair dryer is being used, or the lights in the bedroom area are on, etc. the same thing happens. If it were just the fan I would just make sure the wife stays out of the BR until my favorite shows are over. :)