Power head for the central vac system

Joy & Jeff

Past Missouri Chapter Leaders
Hey guys,

I need your help please. I would like to purchase an power head attachment for my cenral vac system in our Bighorn but don't know what to buy.

Does anyone out there have suggestions?

Thanks,

Joy

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Our central vac came with a "Rug Rat." It's not wide enough to be much use on the carpet. though. I also just use the regular carpet attachment in the rig. At home, we've got the air powered head for the central vac, but it's not all that great on carpet, either. The upright Eureka works better. Won't be long, and there won't be any carpeting left in the house, only vinyl, tile and hardwood.

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
We have a power head that runs off air from the vac. Got ours at the local vacuum shop. I just went in and told him what I was looking for and he had it. mine works really well .

JohnDar

One thing I don't like about the power heads is having to unwrap cat fur and long hair (not mine) from the roller. And yes, I do the majority of the floor vacuuming at the rig and at home. The wife gets the detail dusting work around all of her chotchkies.

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I am with you John having 4 dogs but the really sad thing is it's my hair that gets wrapped up in it. Kenny always tells me he takes me everywhere he goes cause it's my hair on him.. LOL!!

Westwind

Wife had a small "Shark" vacuum that we used in the old trailer, our Bighorn came with the central vac option but she prefers her little "Shark", she did use the central to do the window sills, and blinds to get rid of some spider webs that she found.

JohnDar

We use the power head from our central vac that we have in the house.
Similar to THIS ONE.

Peace
Dave

Never really thought about it, but I could do that, too. For some reason, when we got the rig, there were two sets of attachments for the central vac. The extra one now lives in the basement at home, where there's a central vac intake, as well.

Speedy

We bought a narrow and wide suction powered heads from an Oreck store when I saw them hanging on their wall. They work quite well but the larger (12") is not an Oreck brand so it does not open up as easy to clean.