Black Plastic Wedges on Door Edges?

Bosty

I have a 2012 Cyclone 3010 HD which I have used twice with no major issues. However, this last time out I found a couple of black plastic squares shaped like a wedge on one size. They are about one inch square and about a half inch tall. Upon looking around my unit to see where they came from, I noticed there were others like them on the edges of the front and rear exterior doors. They appear to be mounted with contact cement and not very permanent, and others are about ready to fall off. They look as if they were there as a spacer for the door during construction. Does anyone know if my suspicions are correct and can they now be removed?

Lynn1130

Is this it?

If this is what you are questioning they are there to keep the door from moving during shipment. I had the same question and sent this photo to Heartland Customer Service. They tracked it down and got back with me. They have no use after the unit arrives at the dealer.

Attachments

• P7150087.JPG
    P7150087.JPG
    777.6 KB · Views: 78

Bosty

Thanks, Lynn... That is exactly what they are. I was hoping they were for something temporary as they were not on very securely. Appreciate the help....

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Wait a minute.
If they are used to keep something correct during "shipping", don't you "ship" the rig evertime you drive it down the road?
Therefore you would think they would still serve a purpose. Just askin'. Trace

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Wait a minute.
If they are used to keep something correct during "shipping", don't you "ship" the rig evertime you drive it down the road?
Therefore you would think they would still serve a purpose. Just askin'. Trace
I think it's a method of centering the door in the frame during installation. Just a guess on my part.:confused:

Lynn1130

What Ray said. They put them on to get the door centered. Then leave them there while the rig is being transported. They have short term glue and fall off if the dealer forgets to remove them. And they usually do. Forget them that is. In-fact no one really knew what they were until I asked and Heartland checked back with the door company and installers.

u243412

dang - last year, I keep gluing my wedges back on! I thought they were important. lol

thanks!