Where Have George & Ruth been

morganm12

George
It's been so long since I posted our travels that I can't remember where we were on my last update. We spent the winter bouncing around east Texas and north east La. Seen several Heartland products at 1000 trails Lake Conroe, a couple at Lake Tawakoni and Lake Texoma, all in Texas. Early May we were parked in the Shawnee, Ok Expo Center (fairgrounds) for 5 days then to Salisaw, Ok for few days then it was 3 days at Ledges State Park at Boone, Ia and 5 days Charles City, Ia. Our route was I-40 east to US 71 north to I-35N. We left Iowa June 19 headed towards central Ca. via I-35N to I-90W to I-15S to I-86 and I-84 and Jerome Id for a family visit before heading over Donner Pass and down Ca. 99S to Merced. In all our travels to date hauling our 05 Grand Canyon with an 04 DODGE 3500 dually auto trans, I must confess that the 6300+ pass on I-90 going westbound Butte, Mt on Jun 22 was a test. That was the first time I had shift to 2 so as to maintain 45-50mph and I notice my temp guage climb a little higher than ever before. I think I may have waited a little to long to down shift. That prepared me for Donner. I seen 1 Big Country at an overnight stop in Mitchell, S.D. Thats it for now.

morganm12

George
We have now arrived and parked at the old Castle Air Force Base Fam-Camp in Merced/Atwater, Ca. Still haven't spotted any other Heartlands on the road. Next stop will be a Thousand Trails preserve (San Benito) just south of Holister, Ca for two weeks.