Half paint and graphics?

wildwolfproducts

Does anyone know if the graphics on the Half paint units is painted on or just stickers like most? Reason I'm trying to find out, is we like the half paint better then the full. But wondering how the Graphics are done? If there painted on, then the issues of pealing off is not there. But if there just the big Sticker graphics then we may look more toward the full body paint.
Pete

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
On the older Landmarks the graphics are vinyl. Don't know if HL has changed that recently. Trace

Last edited:

FordMan1966

I think they are decals on the half body paint. However the new Bighorn partial body paint the stripes are painted on.

Willym

As the name suggests, at least on my my LM, half of the graphics are paint, half are applied plastic decals.

wildwolfproducts

As the name suggests, at least on my my LM, half of the graphics are paint, half are applied plastic decals.

i would have though the half body paint would mean half of the unit is paint. As the other half is just the white sides? Talked to one dealer he told me the half was all paint? Also have the question waiting to be answered at the factory.
But again to me half body paint should mean all that is not just the white walls, Should be paint to say its half body paint.
Pete

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
i would have though the half body paint would mean half of the unit is paint. As the other half is just the white sides? Talked to one dealer he told me the half was all paint? Also have the question waiting to be answered at the factory.
But again to me half body paint should mean all that is not just the white walls, Should be paint to say its half body paint.
Pete

I'm sure .3732 body paint would be a marketing nightmare. Also, I'm a mathmatician and I wouldn't even start to try to determine the actual % that is paint with all those swirls...It's all semantics, just like calling the Chevy Volt an Electric Car.

brianharrison

I'm sure .3732 body paint would be a marketing nightmare. Also, I'm a mathmatician and I wouldn't even start to try to determine the actual % that is paint with all those swirls...It's all semantics, just like calling the Chevy Volt an Electric Car.

;). Had to laugh out loud..... Thanks for the chuckle.

Brian

Birchwood

Our Landmark is body paint and vinyl decals.Not sure what the percentages are but think there is a
larger portion of paint that vinyl.Two days ago we had to have our gold vinyl decals replaced for the
second time in three years.New decals were provided on both occasions under warranty and on this last occasion
the graphics company covered some of the installation cost.To replace the decals would cost in the vicinity
of $1100 .The hot Florida sun turns our gold decals a dark colour so this time we chose a dark gold.
I guess what I am saying is if I had to do it over again I would go for the full body paint.I see many
RVs with vinyl in our park look old befare their time because of the vinyl.My neighbour just purchased
a 2003 Newmar fifth wheel with full body paint and it looks like new .

ericandalice

Senior Question Asker
I'm pretty sure the half body paint does not have any type of stickers. In my brochure there's another option that says vinyl graphics. I'm pretty sure that's the one with stickers.

Willym

OK, then I have partial paint, partial decals, a fair bit of bare white gelcoat and some stickers! Although I took most of the latter off when the trailer was new, inside and out. Also the paint on the painted areas goes over everything including joints - that's how you can differentiate between the painted bits and the decals.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
On the 2011 models there were two options: Full paint that cost "boo-koo" $$$$$, and the standard (see my picture below) that cost nothing additional. In 2012 they changed to 3 options: Standard (a few swirl/swoosh graphics) that cost nothing, "half-paint", that included a mix of paint and graphics swirls/swooshes) - again, see my picture below, that was identical to the standard from 2011, but now cost a few $$$, or a full body paint in two different color styles $$$$$.