About to give up on delivery

FordMan1966

I have waited over 6 weeks to take delivery of my 2013 Landmark Grand Canyon. I am getting impatient. It came off of the line 2 weeks ago and should have been to the dealer before now.
The Full Body Paint Big Sky is looking better each day and will be mine if the Landmark is not here real soon. No one will check on the status of this unit for me.:(

jnbhobe

I would guess it would have to be either Heartland or your dealer who would have to check on it. I have seen lots full of rigs to be delivered near the factory, it also could be the transport company who is backed up. I have never got to upset over the wait, not worth getting an ulcer over it. It will come in soon enough.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
I can sympathize with your feelings but...having gone through "the wait" and then getting the rig I can truthfully say looking back on the experience that the anticipation of the arrival was part of the fun adventure! Hang tough!

danemayer

I'm not sure how your rig could have gotten to the dealer in 6 weeks.

When you place the order with your dealer, he has to turn around and place an order with Heartland. Then Heartland puts it into their build queue. The order turnaround takes at least a few days.

When we bought in 2010, Heartland was using a 4 week manufacturing cycle, the last 1 1/2 days is for the actual assembly. I'd be surprised if the build cycle is any shorter now. We bought at a very slow time for RV sales. Some of the queue time may be to manage order flow; some of it is undoubtedly to allow time for acquisition of options and to manufacture sub-assemblies and cabinetry.

After assembly, if you ordered full-body paint, the rig spends a week at the paint shop. We're up to 5 1/2 or 6 weeks.

After that, a transporter has to get it to your dealer, which I've been told can take at least 2 weeks, maybe more.

I'd say that 8 weeks from placing your order seems like a minimal turnaround. In our case, we picked up our Rushmore in Elkhart, 5 miles from the factory (no transport needed), nearly 7 weeks after placing the order. We were responsible for about 3 days of that.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
There may be a shortage of delivery drivers. With fuel prices up and going higher, its harder for drivers to make any money, so that may have slowed your coach being delivered to the dealer.

tcfake613

Hmmm... doesn't make sense. When we ordered ours in December both my dealer and Heartland could almost pinpoint the exact date my rig would be online. I think about two weeks after I placed order the dealer gave me the build date which was on a Tuesday. He said he'd probably have it by that next weekend... and he did. I picked it up the following weekend. Try calling the factory if you haven't already. They are very pleasant and helpful.

FordMan1966

I had a schedule from the Landmark Sales Rep. and the dealer gave the same schedule and it was to be finished at the paint shop and ready for shipping on February 27th. This was the exact schedule of completion then the wait started. The dealer told me as well as the Landmark Rep. that it would take 4 to 6 weeks. Now we are moving into 7 weeks. I am getting some answers tomorrow as to where the RV is at.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
It took 8 weeks from the time we ordered our current BH until we received it in Jan. of 2011.
Now that we are enjoying ours, we don't even think about the wait.

IMHO, I wouldn't settle for the lesser rig that you mentioned.

Hang in there, you'll make it. It'll be worth the wait. Trace

jbeletti

No one will check on the status of this unit for me.:(

Can you explain what you mean by this? Are you saying you spoke to your Heartland rep and he would not check on it for you?

Not sure what you are doing tomorrow to get answers, but maybe it's time to call the plant at 574-262-5992. Ask for Landmark Sales. They will want your dealer name and coach floorplan as well as your name and number.

Jim

Last edited:

dfk009

On 5-16-11 we signed papers to order our 2012 ElkRidge. The sales manager for Larry's Trailer Sales, Zeigler, IL called the ElkRidge rep to see how long to build unit. He said that they had allocations immediately to get ours built. It was to take 3-4 weeks to get it. They had ours, plus 2 or 3 for their stock coming. Heartland forgot to put slide covers on all the trailers since all were order with them. Within a day or two, Heartland sent a crew down to install covers that were to have them installed. We took delivery 06-25-11. Now that is what I call service both from Heartland, and the sales manager for Larry's, as he stayed on top of our order. Oh yes, dealers do get computer print outs, with status on their orders. And they did have driver shortages in 2011. My dealer threatened to send his driver 400 miles to pick ours up.

Don

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
Patience is a virtue. I would much rather wait a little longer and make sure that everything is completed correctly than have things done 'half-a$$ed'. We ordered our Key largo in mid January 2011 and it wasn't ready for delivery until mid March...8 weeks.

FordMan1966

The comment today was that the Delivery Company is backed up not 1 week now but 2 weeks and it will probably not be delivered until next week. Well that is 3 weeks after it came off of the line. Excuses...

branson4020

Icantre Member
thumbup.gifOne more Hang in there!

On the bright side, the trucking companies are busy. Lots of stuff getting sold and delivered. The economy is getting better! Folks are going back to work....

Just not me, thank God
:D.

wildwolfproducts

Shoot see if they will let you go pick it up? Save you cash on delivery and also get there faster. Now if you had ordered the Ley largo. I would tell you to go ahead and get the unit on the lot. LOL Then we could buy yours when it came in.
Good luck and hold tight. I know its hard waiting, But sure it will be well worth it when its here. That is one reason we have not put ours up for sale yet. Have 4 trips in the next 6 weeks. So hate to miss out on those. So may just sell it after those and then order one during the hot summer time. Have it ready for the fall camping.
Pete

porthole

Retired
The comment today was that the Delivery Company is backed up not 1 week now but 2 weeks and it will probably not be delivered until next week. Well that is 3 weeks after it came off of the line. Excuses...

Most of the "RV delivery companies" are a "company of one", an owner-operator.
There physically cannot be as many drivers as there are RV's sold.

When I picked up our trailer (at the dealer in Elkhart) I met the dealers delivery company. Don't remember his name, but he was on his way back from Texas when I met him. He then left for Seattle with a Landmark. He would be on his way back before I left and was to pickup a delivery and be on the road again to Rhode island. One driver, 3 rigs, 8000 miles.

ihsolutions

Well it seems clear to me that your delivery company, and possibly your dealer, are the only ones to blame. It sounds like Heartland produced the unit on time. Switching to another brand now does not solve your problem a bit.

On a lighter note, you gotta relax a little, man! :) Just kidding...I know waiting is real tough, but remember, this is a hobby/pastime where we are supposed to enjoy ourselves a little bit. Pop open a cold one and be patient. It will be worth the wait!

P.S.
On edit: Easy for me to say, right? My coach is sitting in the driveway ready to hit the road tomorrow. I guess with all this nice weather I can see where you're coming from...

FordMan1966

Not to mention the name of the delivery company but I read on there website and did the math. If they deliver 7 days a week they average 41 rvs per day based on what the website said. So it is a large delivery company. It will be here sooner than later, so I went out and started waxing the rv that I am trading in on the Landmark tonight.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Not to mention the name of the delivery company but I read on there website and did the math. If they deliver 7 days a week they average 41 rvs per day based on what the website said. So it is a large delivery company. It will be here sooner than later, so I went out and started waxing the rv that I am trading in on the Landmark tonight.

Good for you! In the mean time as suggested by Jeff, Laurie a cold one and maybe a few ice cubes marinated in some JD couldn't hurt.