hot water problems will not heat with LP gas.

dave59

My hot water heater quit working on LP gas. The Igniter is working but no gas. I when to the local RV dailer and they sold me a module board I gave them the model number SW12DE this is on the heater my book that came with the trail gives model numbers SW6DE, SW6DM, and SW6DEM my heater is not cover in this book. They told me that the main proble is with this module board and he look it up and said my heater has this.. I bought this part nubmer 520814. I have look all over for this behind the hot water tank, in and around the braeker box and in the cabenit. Question do I have this board and if so where is it? And if I don't have it is it the gas value? I bought the board and if I don't use I still can not return it. I have a 2007 Trail Runner 3200QB. I need this fixed I can't take it to the shop
because we live in it. Please help.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We don't have a trail Runner but in our Bighorn the board was taped to the Styrofoam casing on top of the water heater. At first the tape came loose and the board was hanging on the side. I have had ours replaced too but don't know the specifics regarding the numbers.

WilmanJim

Dave,
You might try following the igniter wire back as it should go to the board. I'm surprised you have a 12 gallon heater in that unit.
Do you hear the igniter working when you reset it ? If you can see your igniter you can look at it at night to see if you have a spark. Please let us know what you find as it will most likely help someone else. Good Luck.

Jim

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
As Ray mentioned, the controller board for the water heater is in a plastic housing usually taped to the back of the tank. The tape may have lost it's hold and the housing fallen down, out of sight. That could also pull the connector out, rendering the module inoperative. Check that before you commit to installing the new board. Experienced that with the water heater on our former TT.