Whisper Quiet A/C

FordMan1966

Where is the filter at on these new Whisper Quiet A/C Units? Not for sure if they have a Heat pump in them or not?

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Jim....how much more quiet would you say it is? Specifically concerning when you watch TV...

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
They are WAY quiet...you can barely even hear it. THAT is one option I wish we could have gotten. Our current a/c is so loud we can barely hear the TV even when it's up full blast. :(

jbeletti

Kelly, you're too kind :) it is WAY quieter, but not nearly silent. Wish I had a SPL meter to measure it and a regular unit.

FordMan1966

i heard the Whisper Quiet A/C running in our 2013 Grand Canyon yesterday and I was afraid that it would be too quiet. It is not, I like a little noise to drowned out the campground noise.

ihsolutions

This is a standard feature on Landmark now, isn't it?

I've been considering upgrading to the Landmark Mesa and that feature, among others, have me leaning in this direction. I may have to wait until the Goshen 2013 rally timeframe though.

jbeletti

I have played with the app I downloaded and it's cool! I have not done any testing but need to. I'll do it soon.

Jim

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I was just thinking, I wonder when JB will post some sound level readings.
I would like to compare to mine.

Peace
Dave

jbeletti

Okay already! :)

I have the AC on and the fan sounds like it's on high. The TV was muted but there is some rain now and one of the dogs was eating crunchy food.

Tonight, I got about 68 db. The other day, I measured about 65 db. That's with me sitting in the recliner in the dinette slide, nearest to the end of the coach. The phone was held upright, about 3 feet off the ground and about 1 foot in front of my chest.

Jim

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders

I have the AC on and the fan sounds like it's on high. The TV was muted but there is some rain now and one of the dogs was eating crunchy food.

Tonight, I got about 68 db. The other day, I measured about 65 db. That's with me sitting in the recliner in the dinette slide, nearest to the end of the coach. The phone was held upright, about 3 feet off the ground and about 1 foot in front of my chest.

Jim

You were facing East right? ;)

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

Jim
Hmm, sitting in the same spot, facing east, I read 42 with the fan on low and 47 with the fan on high.

Peace
Dave

jbeletti

Since we're using phones, not a calibrated sound pressure level instrument, I'd say the best measurement we can make is a comparison between coaches but with the same app on the same phone in as near the same conditions as possible.

BTW - 40s is really low. Try it with another phone to see if you can repeat those numbers.

Jim

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Hay Cookie... I can use my iPhone4 to measure it.. Would you like me to test it out for you.... :p I will send you the results from here...

BC