Install question of EMS HW50

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
I am planning on installing my new EMS HW50 next week end and already I am preparing by reading the instructions. I am trying a new approach for men here so I hope it works. Read first then install equalls no problems, theoretically. In my reading of the EMS unit it talks about a 15 or 216 second delay when there is a power issue. They further refer you to checking the delay upon restart of the EMS unit according to your A/C units reset time. I do not have manuals for either of my two A/C units so I can not tell what there preset times are. Does anyone know this info or how did you set the reset time on the EMS unit, 15 sec or 216 sec? By the way I have a 2012 BigHorn 3185 with 2 A/C units.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I just installed the EMS as is. The delay will work out just fine.

Peace
Dave

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
I agree with Porthole.....go for the 216 second delay to protect your AC units if their running.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with the pressure bleed off time delay. However, I beleive that the newer AC units with the Dometic digital t-stat have the delay built into the t-stat.
I could be wrong, but that is what I have read.

Peace
Dave

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
When I spoke to the Progressive Tech guy, he said that with today's A/Cs it really did not matter.

SilverRhino

I just figured that I would err on the side of caution........Set mine at 4 minutes. That seemed like a short time to wait to possibly save and AC unit.

Just my thoughts.

murry135

Thanks to all that replied. With the explanations of why you choose your settings convinced me that my choice of using the long delay was the way to go. Thanks DUane once agin for you input. Boy reading directions and asking question before starting a project seems like a novel idea and approach to solving dilema's

MICKEY

Past Florida Chapter Leader
I installed mine with factory preset. Did you guys get the remote diswplay? I really like this unit. The best part is replaceable components and 24 hr tech line. I thought I had a problem, called the hot line and they helped me diagnose the neutral ground problem I had with my own generator that I was powering the unit with. I have my EMS installed beyond transfer so it protects coach from generator or shore power.

murry135

Yes, I did get the unit that has the remote display and bypass switch for when using generators to prevent the issue of the floating neutral. Install is planned for tomorrow will update upon completion of project.

murry135

Well it is installed. Unit mounted on wooden from off floor in case of water leak and display in closet near fron door. I do like the idea of a second display in basement area maybe in the future. Unit worked without a glinch upon intial hook up. Feel more at eay now that it is installed. Thanks again to all that responed with their input on this device.
While in basement are cleaned up some of that birds nest mess of wires and hoses. Also broke a fitting by kneeling onit and now have a PEC tool.