Wall studs Near Entrance Door

wdk450

Gang:
I am one of those who converted the very small entrance door closet into a canned foods pantry. I did this about 3 years ago just after buying the trailer, as we couldn't get the pull-out pantry my wife really wanted with the double door refrigerator our pre-built trailer already had. Today, I found that cabinet had pulled out of the wall screws and was loose from the wall. The wall mounting screws are screwed in from the outside of the inner wall facing. I want to mount the cabinet to studs using angle braces, but I found it hard to locate the studs on first look. I thought I would post, and call Heartland Service on Monday for help locating the studs.
Last summer, I had a similar occurance with the countertop wall-mounted cabinet in the stove area. I remember using the large metal screw-in wall anchors with wood screws, to re-attach that cabinet. Where the angle braces had to go there were no studs. That one was a little more complicated due to the false back in the cabinet that required access holes to be drilled in the false back so the angle braces could be accessed with a screwdriver to put the screws in (blindly).

aatauses

I have used a stud finder to locate them and have had pretty good luck---note that there are not too many!!!
al