2012 BH 3070RL Reading light switches

macjj

I am 6ft3 and the reading light switches behind the lounges, over the couch, and over the bed are difficult to reach without moving furniture or climbing atop the furniture. Suggest a SPST switch installed for each about 3ft from the floor.

Westwind

You must have been reading my mind, we have a 2012 3070RL also, last night when I was shutting off lights to go to bed, climbing around the recliners, I'm only 5' 8" and accidentally touched the reading light burning my hand, (Man they get hot), I said to self surely they can do better than this and put a $4 switch on each side of the trailer to shut off these lights. Maybe change the style of lights for a better quality. I guess what it is would be that Bighorn staff don't spend time living in their trailers.

MTPockets

We had our new 3055RL less than two weeks when I ripped out those lights over the bed, the rear recliners, and the sofa, and replaced them with a much better fixture and easier to operate rocker switch.... Still have to reach these, but other styles are available.

Westwind

You wouldn't know what name, model, light fixture you used and where you got them and if you don't mind the cost? I'm seriously thinking about doing the same thing since these don't complement the coach at all.

FARMER45

I added a light switch at the lower and back side of the window trim on my 3585 bh took me about 20 minutes on each side, when setting in chair the switch is about elbow high. All I have to do is just reach over and flip the switch

FARMER45

I used a small plastic box and a 110 volt switch and cover plate from lowes, it's behind the valance so it can't be seen unless you get behind the chair. Works great, look good

K

karykatz

Thank you all for input. We are listening and looking at other options for reading lights.

macjj

I found them at a local dealer/supply. The link below should lead to an on-line page. I have placed some details on the "improvements" page.

The switch is JRP 12601 (the suppliers PN was 552344 - SPST , brown, gold embossed ON/OFF
The plate is JRP 13745 (suppliers PN was 552386) - Brown

Hope this helps

http://www.go-rv.com/coast/do/catalog/page?index=A&pageNext=TRUE&dealerId=2852&pageNum=97

You wouldn't know what name, model, light fixture you used and where you got them and if you don't mind the cost? I'm seriously thinking about doing the same thing since these don't complement the coach at all.