Saw the new Big Country 3690 - Rear Kitchen

ericandalice

Senior Question Asker
Eric and I saw the new Big Country 3690 floorplan yesterday. It has a rear kitchen and the living room in the middle. Loved it! Especially loved all the ample space in the bedroom (even with a king sized bed) and also the outdoor kitchen. Yes, I said outdoor kitchen. With a TV and mini fridge and sink, storage cabinet, and get this...a slide out grill.

That thing just blew our minds. And the kitchen is pretty much the same layout as our current kitchen which might be why we liked it so much.

Anyone else have/seen this floor plan yet? What did you think?

~Alice

lthrnk

We saw that layout, and thought it would be the way for us to go. When we first saw it, at La Mesa RV when we were in Tucson, and the unit had just come in. The battery was low and they couldn't open the slides, and we didn't have time to hang around. We then saw the same unit at La Mesa in Sanford, FL. While we liked the concept, we felt it was too small in the living area, so we went to the Landmark. The other thing that turned us off, was that it was very dark inside.

ericandalice

Senior Question Asker
Do you think it was the finishing selection? The one we saw was pretty bright. It had the light tan furniture. We plan to replace the headboard and bedspread on day one, so that dark chocolate wouldn't be an issue for us. I don't understand why manufacturers put such dark linens in such a small room.

We liked that they have the wooden blinds in the front. I actually thought the living area was very spacious. Even more so than the landmark. It doesn't have a "dining" room table. Rather that counter. But that would work for us since we either eat at the outside table or in front of the TV anyway. I would get rid of the chairs and put in something shorter, and something that slides better on the linoleum.

I don't love how tight of a fit the couch is in that one slide though. Otherwise, I like entering in the living room more than I thought I would. I do wish the "square" of linoleum in the entry was larger. With a big furry dog, that might not be enough space if he has wet feet that need drying. :)

~Alice

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Looks nice on the HL website, but not for us. We're spoiled for life by our BH3670.