Samsung TV Audio Output to Samsung Hm. Entertainment Ctr.

57chevyconvt

I am probably asking for the impossible, but I would like to connect the Samsung TV to the Samsung Home Entrainment Center surround sound speakers. I have not been unable to determine if I can back feed audio from the TV to the surround sound speakers via the entertainment ctr. Thanks to the help of this forum, I was able to locate and down load the Operation Manuals for both of these Samsung units. So far, with the help of the Samsung Operating Manuals, I have not been able to determine if my desire can be accomplished. Any thoughts on what can been done to meet this desire?

jimtoo

HI Jim,

I would think your TV should have Audio Output,, red and white,,, connect these to the Aux Input, red and white, on the surround sound receiver... then you will probably need to look for TV sound on the receiver with the remote for Input 1,2,, or Aux 1.or 2 or Source on remote.. I don't have the same thing, but mine works like that...

You will probably get more technical instructions from someone else... but mine is the country boy way. :) You may be able to connect with one of the fancy glass cables also. (fiber optics)

Jim M

jasons09cyclone

The only tv that I found to have an audio out put was the stock Jensen... I've had this prob too.. You should be able to use the head phone jack to get the audio out.. Some TVs ( Samsung) will shut off the tv speakers when it sensed a 3.5 mm jack plugged into it..

danemayer

The connection is either going to be red/white RCA phono plugs like you find on VCRs and stereos for the past 30 years, or Optical Audio. The choice will be governed by what connections are available on the TV and the surround sound. I've noticed that new TVs in the stores today have optical audio out, but no RCA phono outputs. Since you have a 2010 Bighorn, your TV and surround sound probably have RCA phono outputs. The surround sound may also have optical audio.

The manuals usually describe and picture the input and output connections.

rick_debbie_gallant

I also have a 2010 Big Horn, with the samsung tv and home audio center as well. Yes you can connect the tv to the audio center. I am pretty sure You can use a fiber optic cable from the tv to the audio center.

TXTiger

I have a 2012 Cyclone 4014 that came with a 32 inch television in the the living room. I bought a new Samsung 40 inch LED Smart TV and my son who is an installer for Cox Cable installed it for me and moved the 32 inch to the bedroom. I too wanted the sound from the tv to go thru the surround system. I have a Jensen audio system. The Samsung TV only had the optical audio out and a headphone jack on the back. We were able to buy a cable from Best Buy (where I bought the tv) that was a headphone mini jack on one end to plug into the tv and RCA red and white jacks on the other end to plug into the Jenson. All are working fine. You have to go into the menu on the tv and turn the tv's speakers off. I switch the Jenson to Aux 1 and get the tv sound. You can do the same thing with an optical cable but the Best Buy I was at said optical cables have to be special ordered?? so I got the mini to RCA cable.

jasons09cyclone

There will not be digital/optical inputs in any 12 v radio.. I've looked... If you want true surround sound you will have to separate the speakers on the roof to operate at different Chanel's if you have 4 speakers in the roof they will be wired together as one left and one right.. (no front to rear) I tried to separate the front and rear in the roof but there is no access to the wiring... The 3.5 mm to RCA is the best bet to hook your tv to the stock radio...