ATF: Greystone - 2nd slide motor failure

future3490owner

i just had the slide out motor on my 2012 33ck replaced 11-4-11, put the camper away for winter having only tried the slide out once. I just opened up the camper getting it ready for the camping season. All was fine, until i went to slide in the upper "master" bedroom. The slide-out started to come in and died....no motor activity at all-AGAIN. Very frustrated i haven't even used the unit except putting it in storage and taking it out and the motor craps out! What if I had been at a campground. Why is this happening? No blown fuses, no tripped breakers, the other 2 slides still work. Please help!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Although it can happen, it seems out of place to loose two motors fail after just one use.
When the motor was replaced the first time did they, or you, check all the wires.
I would check for a loose wire, starting at the fuse panel and working my way to the motor. It really sounds like it could be more than just the motor.
Another thing I would do is replace the fuse or pull it out and test for continuity and not rely on the LED that indicates a blown fuse.
When it is working again, come back and let us know what the cure was.

Peace
Dave

future3490owner

Just wanted to say thanks to the awesome people at heartland. A service representitive called me this morning to discuss the issue I am having, and is calling the dealer in advance.

I got home and tried the slide out as recommended per heartland. The slide out went out and started to come back in and stopped. So at this point i am thinking the auto-reset breaker is tripping. But I have plugged it in using the shore cable and even waited 10 min and it still does nothing. I will call the service dept at heartland tomorrow with the info i i have found tonight. :(

Last edited:

future3490owner

so i disconnected the battery and hooked it back up, now everything seems to be working fine. I was able to put the slide in and out twice with no problems.....thanks to the great people at heartland. I will still follow up with heartland tomorrow. :)