Radio / TV - Ceiling Surround Speakers

Westwind

Hopefully this thread will help others -

My initial effort was to get the surround ceiling speakers to work with my Sharp 32" TV in our new 3070RL, I bought GE RCA connector cables at Walmart to connect the TV audio output connectors to the radio input connectors so I could get sound to the ceiling speakers. I have the Jensen AWM970 Radio, CD, DVD, Weather Band radio. When I removed it from the cabinet by popping off the band around the radio and removing 4 screws, they are the square head screw not the standard type. I had a lot of wire so it came out easily and when I examined the connections I had an extra set of outputs no inputs.:confused: Then after trying the DVD movie player with a DVD I realized that I had no sound so I looked closer and realized that the wires to the TV were connected incorrectly.:( When I switched the connections and then connect my new GE cables to the Jensen input connections it was all systems go!:D All cables on the Jensen had tags marking their purpose which was a big help.
You have to have the Radio on set to Aux and use the radio controls or remote to set the volume along with the TV volume, so you need both remotes near the recliner. But now we hear the TV clearly even when the AC is running.

Hope this helps someone out - I tried to make what I did and how clear but if you have a question please post it and I will try to help.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Westwind, Thanks for your post. I'm sure it will help somebody. When our BH was new I went crazy with coax and speaker wiring issues. Fortunately I'm good with A/V and Home Theater stuff.

PeternLiane

I'll have to give it a try. I just wish we could have our NT here with us. So many mods I'd like to do. I just can't run a 212 miles round trip to do them. I forget one tool and its all over till the next weekend. Like I always have said and will always say I don't like HOA's (not even with green eggs and Ham).

Westwind

This was posted under another posting for Dish Connections - thought it would apply to this post.

I represent ASA Electronics, the producer of the JENSEN brand of televisions, stereos, and speakers, Voyager brand of observation monitors and cameras and the Advent brand of appliances. At ASA, we strive to provide excellent customer service and product satisfaction and would like to offer some assistance in this matter.

If you experience a black & white picture from the JENSEN DVD & TV, this would indicate that the DVD Video OUT is connected to a Component Video IN (RGB). Change this connection to the TV’s Yellow Composite Video IN to view the full-color picture. You will then select A/V IN from the TV’s Source Menu.

You can also run a set of stereo RCA audio cables (Red & White) from the TV’s Audio OUT to the stereo’s AUX IN jacks. You will need to turn the TV’s internal speakers OFF in the Audio Menu of the TV. You can then select the AUX IN mode on the stereo to listen to the TV audio through the stereo system.

If you have any further questions, feel free to call us on our toll free technical support line at (877) 845-8750. We are available M-F 8:00 AM until 6:00 PM EDT.

DTrogdon

Westwind, I believe I have the same setup as you in a 2012 BH 3070. Which terminal, port, or whatever you want to call it, do you use on the Sharp TV for the audio output. The only output I see is the headphone output on the side of the TV. Although this works, it does not have a very loud volume, even with both the TV and DVD player on loud. All other connections appear to be input to the TV. Also, when you go into the DVD player, do you use the Aux A/V in on the front of the player? Thanks.................Dave

Westwind

Westwind, I believe I have the same setup as you in a 2012 BH 3070. Which terminal, port, or whatever you want to call it, do you use on the Sharp TV for the audio output. The only output I see is the headphone output on the side of the TV. Although this works, it does not have a very loud volume, even with both the TV and DVD player on loud. All other connections appear to be input to the TV. Also, when you go into the DVD player, do you use the Aux A/V in on the front of the player? Thanks.................Dave

The TV Jacks were in the rear of the TV, labeled output, I had to pull the TV out of the cabinet as best as I could and tilt it until I found the jacks in back.
I plugged the cord I bought at Walmart (GE) into the input of the Jensen Radio/Cd/DVD player since that is how the sound gets to the speakers and into the output of the TV. You must have the Aux button on, on the Jensen Radio/CD/DVD player and adjust the volume with the remote or radio, I've also had the TV volume on to overcome the AC noise. That's to connect the TV to the overhead speakers.

If you are adding a separate HD DVD Player we are back to square one because I haven't done that yet. I would think that the sound is generated by the HD DVD Player and would go to the input of the Jensen/CD/DVD but then you would be short the connection for the TV. If the TV has an input open then a cord would be needed to go from the HD DVD Player to the TV but I don't know how you could get the sound to the speakers.

Do a search on this web site for the overhead speakers, I think there was someone that talked to some type of switching box that handled everything so you could use any combination just by throwing a switch.

Hopefully someone with more understanding will chime in and help us out here. Hoped I helped and didn't add to the confusion factor.

DTrogdon

Thanks for taking the time to respond back, apparently we have different TV's. Mine is a Sharp LC-32D59U model. It came mounted on a mount that allows it to be pulled out easily and turned, so the back is easy to check out and I do not have any outlet jacks. Again, thanks for the reply.